I am feeling long winded today and it's a tad slow at the dealership so I have some time to kill....

Everyone is aware of the "Trail Status" on the homepage (www.qcforc.org) I assume, correct?

Good. Now raise your hand if you actually abide by it.

Hmmmmmm...not seeing too many hands out there.

FORC puts a ton of sweat hours into the creation and maintenance of these trails that everyone loves so much. It sucks to see and hear about the trails being damaged when our parks are *CLOSED*...

We've been battling wet spots at SBP all year long because of the decisions by a select few people to ride while the trails were too wet. Their tires then create ruts that allow water to pool, and it's all downhill from there. Riding around the wet spot is *not an option*. This widens the trail and allows for water to pool in a larger area, expounding the problem area. If your tires and frame are caked with mud after riding out at SBP, you DEFINITELY should not have been on the trail.

I'm just as frustrated as the next guy/gal with this year's weather and wish I was able to get a ride in more often than not. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case. Yes, we are currently in the middle of peak race season so you have to get your miles in, I understand that. Please don't selfishly jeopardize years of work, political and manual, because you need to win the next race...hop on the road bike, ride the path, ride the hill by your house, ride to the bar...just stay off of the trail when it's too wet, that's all.

If you're like me, you joined FORC because of the thrill, the stoke, you get from a ride, the comraderie of your fellow riders back at the parking lot, and of course....all of the beer. FORC is not a priviledge, nor are the parks we are currently a part of. All of this can be taken right from under us by the fault of the few.

Let's just all do our part, pay attention to park closures, and if you run into a mudpit/wet spot get off your bike and walk...if you do ride through it, you better be at the next trail day to help fix the problem you just created!