Thread: Respect your Trails

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi!

Out-of-state rider here and I just wanted to say I was very impressed with how a guy everyone called "Goldie" handled a pair of riders when we found they'd been riding Sunderbrunch despite the big, red "CLOSED" sign Friday afternoon. It was obvious to me that Goldie was keeping Hanlon's Razor in mind when educating people on why we stay off trails when they're wet. He addressed them with respect and the benefit of the doubt and they responded well. Just always impressive when I see something like that working so well.

In my 11 years of experience with trail advocacy in MN I'd say the hardest, most delicate job we all have is dealing with trail poachers. All of us share the frustration seeing hard work destroyed by wet, muddy ruts. I've already seen in the Twin Cities area how acting on that frustration backfires in a bad way. Glad to see you guys in the Quad Cities are letting cool heads prevail.

Keep up the great work, QCFORC!
    Last edited by Trevize1138; 06-16-2014 at 01:50 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.