Thread: Group Ride - Scott County Park - 5:30 - Thursday, Aug 6

Default Group Ride - Scott County Park - 5:30 - Thursday, Aug 6

Come out for a group ride on Thursday at Scott County Park @ 5:30. I'll lead a ride for beginners. I'm sure there will be other groups going out too. I'll bring a case of beverages to share!

I love that you do this, VK!!!!!!! Wish I could join in on the fun tomorrow night, however it's Mom's birthday and we're doing family birthday celebration stuff. The draw of ice cream is so very strong.... Hee hee. Have a great ride!!
    I wanna ride!

Last time Vonda scheduled a group ride it rained for 6 weeks. Coincidence?

I'll be there
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by HXE View Post
    Last time Vonda scheduled a group ride it rained for 6 weeks. Coincidence?
    Yeah..honestly I didn't schedule one last week because I thought I was going to jinx things! I decided to take my chances....

the Browns are in. to the bikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    I'll be there
    Ditto that
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Where do you guys usually meet up? The trail head by the lake? (I know some people park over by the little air strip on the south side, or up in the middle by the pool, or even enter on the north end by Area 51 and the golf course.)

Quote Originally Posted by TSpice View Post
    Where do you guys usually meet up? The trail head by the lake? (I know some people park over by the little air strip on the south side, or up in the middle by the pool, or even enter on the north end by Area 51 and the golf course.)
    Good question! We will meet in the parking lot by Pride lake. If you enter the park at the main entrance on the south side of the park, once inside the park, take the first right. Park just past Pride Lake or in the overflow section accross the street from the lake. There are more details at this link: http://www.qcforc.org/content.php?115-Scott-County-Park

Quote Originally Posted by life is vondaba View Post
    Good question! We will meet in the parking lot by Pride lake. If you enter the park at the main entrance on the south side of the park, once inside the park, take the first right. Park just past Pride Lake or in the overflow section accross the street from the lake. There are more details at this link: http://www.qcforc.org/content.php?115-Scott-County-Park
    Sounds good. My plan is to be there.

First time I went to ScoCoPa that is where I started. More recently I usually ride the north end of the park for Cannon and Area 51, but still occasionally zoom around the southern loops for some fast and flowy goodness.

Heckuva ride last night, guys and gals. Much needed- great company afterwards also.

Thanks again Vonda for arranging it.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Thanks for letting me tag along! It was fun!

Hopefully I didn't make the medium/fast group wait up for me too much! Think I dropped 5lbs in sweat, haha.

Good times. Look forward to the next.

Thank you Vonda!!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Glad to! Next week it will be Sunder on Wed. I'll send out a post early next week.

Thank you for hosting ride, my first group ride (and first time hitting a skinny) got me stoked! Would love to make next one/depends on work though.

Lauren