Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QC Enchanted Fat Bike STOMP! 2/15/14

Default QC Enchanted Fat Bike STOMP! 2/15/14

It’s baaaack!

As if fat bike wasn’t stoked enough for the amazing Winter we are having, this is sure to get it’s tires enlarged.

Saturday, February 15th, 2014, 9:30am

Freight House parking lot- 421 W River Dr. Davenport, IA

Stompin’ and ‘schwacking our way to Dee’s Catfish Cove for the 2nd annual

Quad Cities Enchanted Fat Bike STOMP!

The no frills, no whining, raddest fat bike ride of the year! For those that made it last year can attest, this one of the premier fat bike events in the Midwest! What makes it so much fun besides the bridge trolls, stompin’ grounds, flasks, the Mississippi views, bonfire, PBR and greezy Dee’s cheeseburgers? Well….that’s about it. If that doesn’t sound like a good time, you are best staying home on the cizzouch!

Bring your fat bike and a smile and partake in the fun again this year!

Cheers!
    Last edited by badfish41; 12-31-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Bump in case anyone might want to join in on this in a couple weeks.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Really going to try and make this. It's not looking great but I'm not going to give up.

[IMG][/IMG]

Long range forecast.

Balmy! Hopefully Fester keeps his clothes on!

Doubtful.

I don't think the 41 degrees will happen. Besides, Fester doesn't wear clothes.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Ha! That said 31 degrees this morning. I doubt 41 will happen and hope it doesn't, that would make it pretty sloppy. 25 sunny with little wind would be awesome.

Westy, is that a super duper smart forecast photo that updates itself? NEAT!

Default QC Enchanted Fat Bike STOMP! 2/15/14

Quote Originally Posted by Westy_3 View Post
    Ha! That said 31 degrees this morning. I doubt 41 will happen and hope it doesn't, that would make it pretty sloppy. 25 sunny with little wind would be awesome.
    Can you wish for 70° next time?
    Last edited by dgw2jr; 02-06-2014 at 08:53 AM.

In case your feeling down, on the couch, 'meh' this years event, read through last years post:
    http://www.qcforc.org/showthread.php...!-2-16-10-00am

At least be sure to watch the AWESOME video:
    http://www.qcforc.org/showthread.php...-10-00am/page4

Nice work, fellas.

Sorry, I just posted the article in a different thread. Ray's final quote is epic.

very nice and excellent work by all parties involved!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I am Extremely Impressed! Fantastic article.

Good thing they didn't get a quote from Fester...ornery little booger, he is!

Quote Originally Posted by Vittetoe761 View Post
    Good thing they didn't get a quote from Fester...ornery little booger, he is!
    Maybe they did and since the news paper is family friendly they just left it out.

Anyone have a bike (doesn't need to be FAT) I can borrow for stompin?

Enchanted Fat Bike Super Rad Fast F'n Tracks STOMP! after the work a few of us did tonight at the grounds.

Special thank to Bob and AG of the Griesenbeck clan for the machine! Gonna be all time epic shite Saturday!!!

Don't miss it or you'll be one sorry mofo.

Cheers!

damn... sorry mofo, I am.

it's gonna be a good day, no doubt.

FREE BREAKFAST!!
    Start your stomp off right!
    Ready to serve in the parking lot at 9:15AM sharp, same nutritious meal as last year.
    First Come First Serve until the 30 pk is gone!

I had to double check the start time. I remember this staring much later last year and going till the wee hours of the morning. I'm guessing we're gonna be out till 0:dark30, Yes? Lights are on the charger.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    I had to double check the start time. I remember this staring much later last year and going till the wee hours of the morning. I'm guessing we're gonna be out till 0:dark30, Yes? Lights are on the charger.
    nah, we were back at FSBFH by 6pm, 6:30 at the latest. but ya, definitely charge yer lights--always better to be prepared!!

Time to party.