Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QC Enchanted Fat Bike Stomp! 2/16 10:00am

Default QC Enchanted Fat Bike Stomp! 2/16 10:00am

Quad City Enchanted Fat Bike Stomp!

For those of you who missed the first and for those that know how much fun we had on the first fat bike stomp out to Enchanted Inn and back, this one will be one for the ages. The Mississippi River is at ALL TIME record lows that will not make this ride possible again in our lifetime. The scenery is beautiful, the terrain is variable and prime, and the fun that is to be had is nothing short of mind blowing.

Saturday, February 16th, we will convene at the parking lot of the Freight House in downtown Davenport, IA. (421 W. River Dr. Davenport, IA 52801) A few of us have done this entire ride before and I would like this to be an all daytime event- no lights required. So to make that happen, the plan is to be saddled up no later than 10am. This will provide ample time to meander down the river banks on the sand, mud, roots, rocks, concrete, ice, snow, logs, water, leaves, carcasses, etc. Should take about 2-1/2 hours (~9 miles each way) to get to Dee’s Enchanted Inn, there will be plenty of stops to try out gnarly lines, teeter totters, skinnys, rock gardens, bike rodeos- general shenanigans. 90% of the route is off road- some great technical- and varied terrain. You choose your own line!

Once there, we will have a bonfire and lunch. They have a variety of food, but I will call ahead to be sure they’re ready for a hungry crowd.

We’ll then stomp back the way we came (not exactly, as there is no 1 “path”), that should take the same amount of time. And as always, no one moves ahead without all riders. Flats and or mechanical problems will be fixed with group effort as we like to stay safe throughout. This should get us back before dark where we can have more food and libations and talk about the weird stuff that just happened. I am offering a few spots at my place to crash and store bikes for out of towners and I know there are others local guys that have offered spots as well. Plenty of lodging downtown as well.

This is a “QC Style” fat bike ride. With that said, there are two rules you must abide by. They are as follows.

1. Have Fun.
    2. No Whining.

Please post up or let me know if you think you’ll be joining us. I’d like to get a rough idea of how many people to expect for lunch at Dee’s and maybe other special treats we may run into along the way.

CHEERS!
    Last edited by jimithng23; 01-31-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Last edited by jimithng23; 01-31-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Ohhhhhhhhhhh..........I suppose I can make this.

I will be there!
    Tourist

I will not be able to attend :(
    Is there anyone else who can't make it and would like to do this ride with me on Sunday the 17th?
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Might be able to swindle my way out of working that Saturday to stomp. Will have to see.

Took off early at work to go to the cook off, I gotta pass on this one.

In.

I have a feeling this could cause problems on Sunday.

Get out and ride !!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

I,m planning on being there, hope nothing comes up between now and then.

FM
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Quote Originally Posted by forcmeister View Post
    I,m planning on being there, hope nothing comes up between now and then.

FM
    That's just fantastic! I speak for the rest of us when I say I really hope nothing comes up!!!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I hope to make this. Looking positive so far!

wish I could join you guys! I'll try to put together an epic ride here in philly (with all three of us fatbike owners...) to show solidarity.
    Lance Lau

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantic View Post
    wish I could join you guys! I'll try to put together an epic ride here in philly (with all three of us fatbike owners...) to show solidarity.
    Gotta start some where!

Brace yourself.

It's happening. Again.

*psst.....turn your speakers up. way up.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Anyone who says they remember that last ride.... wasn't really there....

I'll be on this one. SWEET VID!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Theme song?????

I'm in, of course. I'll also bring my two pals, Fester and Yukon.

Stompin' ain't easy.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

I pulled some strings and will now be able to attend.
    Now were all in BIG BIG trouble.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by sixers2009 View Post
    I pulled some strings and will now be able to attend.
    Now were all in BIG BIG trouble.

A few of us from the Des Moines crowd will be joining you fine folks. I'm getting the feeling it will be well worth the drive!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyA View Post
    A few of us from the Des Moines crowd will be joining you fine folks. I'm getting the feeling it will be well worth the drive!
    Awesome to hear Randy! Looking forward to riding with you.