Thread: New to the area

Default New to the area

Moved to the QC at the end of last year and got into trail riding. Looking to get involved with group - working on trails, etc. - and find some guys to ride with. What do I need to do?

Welcome to the area!

I believe we've got a great thing going in the QC with 4...well, 3 trail systems all within 20 minutes of one another.

First thing I would recommend is to subscribe to the "Lets Ride" sub forum. This way, each time someone posts a new thread you are instantly sent a notification via email. Show up at the trailhead, introduce yourself, and join the ride.

Next, you could come to the May FORC Membership meeting next Monday at Sippi's in downtown Davenport.

Among other things, post in the Lets Ride forum anytime you're looking to ride and undoubtedly you'll have some peeps meet up with you.

Again, welcome and look forward to meeting/riding with ya.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Pay attention to the lets ride forum for spontaneous group rides. We try to do some organized group rides a couple times a month as well. Come to the membership meeting this coming Monday at 6:30 (Sippi's in Davenport) to socialize and get an idea of what the club is up to.

We also do a few away rides during the riding season that I would highly recommend tagging along with. There are already trips being planned for Levis Trow Mounds near Neillsville, Wisconsin on Memorial Day weekend and Copper Harbor in Michigan's Upper Peninsula Labor Day weekend.

We have an official trail day the first Sunday after the monthly meeting (so probably May 12th this month) at a to be determined park and sometimes there are a few other trail days on other weekends throughout the month. However, you need to become a member of FORC to participate in trail work days because of the way our club insurance is structured.

A lot of what we do gets posted in the forum so if you pay attention to it you should have a pretty good idea what's going on.

Thanks for the advice. I couldn't make it tonight - coach baseball. I joined FORC towards the end of last year because it sounded like the club was doing a lot for the trails and I wanted to give something back for riding the trails. We'll be out of town for Mother's Day next weekend but I will try to get in on the following trail day. Thanks again.