Thread: Memorial Day weekend trip??? What say you, FORCers??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by AG View Post
    Just thought I would post my plans for this weekend. I don't have the time to be away the whole weekend so I'm planning on going to Levis Friday sometime. Ride as much as I can then wake up Saturday ride some more the head home in time to pick up my daughter for dinner. Yep it's short, best I can do. My departure time will depend on who's in the van. I would like to leave no later than 2:30. If this works for any one feel free to claim a spot in the van.
    Frankly, I'll be lucky if I get to ride one of the local parks that or any weekend. However, this idea of going up Friday and coming back Saturday would be the most plausible scenario for me. Tentatively count me in. If the van fills up, I promise to make a solid commitment.

One other suggestion/question though: How come we NEVER even consider going to Chicago?!? Palos is great! Plus there's Saw Wee Kee in Oswego and the Plainfield Bike Park on the way. Close, great restaurants, bike shops big & small etc. etc. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. www.cambr.org
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    Frankly, I'll be lucky if I get to ride one of the local parks that or any weekend. However, this idea of going up Friday and coming back Saturday would be the most plausible scenario for me. Tentatively count me in. If the van fills up, I promise to make a solid commitment.

One other suggestion/question though: How come we NEVER even consider going to Chicago?!? Palos is great! Plus there's Saw Wee Kee in Oswego and the Plainfield Bike Park on the way. Close, great restaurants, bike shops big & small etc. etc. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. www.cambr.org
    I have considered it many times. The biggest hang up is where we would stay if it is a muti-day trip. I know we could do a day trip to this places but I usually look for a little more for the Memorial weekend.
    I'm here to tell ya that Chicago urban Jonny russ and I did last year as a spur of the moment thing was fantastic!!
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I've gone up to Chicago a couple times for a day trip, but wouldn't really consider going up for a multi day unless I alreay had some other commitment that required me getting a hotel. I still haven't, and want to, ride Palos though!!

I'm tentative on AG's plan as well, I'm not 100% sure I can take that Friday off at this point.

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure I can take that Friday off at this point.
    Grab a lap top, air card and one of those mini pool tables, you wouldn't be taking the day off. Right?

Board Position
    President

Tentatively count me in. If the van fills up, I promise to make a solid commitment.
    So are you committing? Van can hold 6 if I take the trailer.