Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
My local club who is IMBA affiliated doesn't do anything but walk around looking smug like the cool kids in high school, so I rather give the money FORC. They do some trail building, but the majority is done by Jefferson County employees... which I live in and pay taxes to so I'm putting money into the local trails anyway.
That sounds pretty short-sighted Gunch. I suspect they may have had something to do with the Jefferson County employees doing trail work, that doesn't happen all by itself. I'd do cartwheels if our local clubs could get more stable resources supporting our maintenance rather than purely relying on volunteer efforts - it would be crazy *not* to support them.

In my opinion, anyone who rides local trails should support their local clubs by being a member if nothing else. Especially those of us who are committed to the sport. Typical club memberships run less than half of what you'll pay for a single tire; it just tickles the nozzle whenever you fill your tank to drive to the next race; probably doesn't cover the beer tab after a single ride. Frankly, it's the best bargain you can find.

Rg.