Thread: Nice work!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm glad you enjoyed SBP. Tons of FORCers have put in hour and hour building and maintaining singletrack that everyone can enjoy, and I think the goal has been pretty well met.

As far as the sustainable part...I'm assuming you are referring mostly to L.T. There are a couple sections that we knew were questionable when we built them, but have actually held up a bit better than expected. That area of SBP is so steep it was quite a challenge to put trail in that we were 100% comfortable would be sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed SBP. Tons of FORCers have put in hour and hour building and maintaining singletrack that everyone can enjoy, and I think the goal has been pretty well met.

As far as the sustainable part...I'm assuming you are referring mostly to L.T. There are a couple sections that we knew were questionable when we built them, but have actually held up a bit better than expected. That area of SBP is so steep it was quite a challenge to put trail in that we were 100% comfortable would be sustainable.
    If the planets ever align right and my schedule allows me next time I'm in the area I'll gladly volunteer to push dirt around! :banana: What night of the week you have trailwork? Don't think my parents will be moving any time soon so I may as well do my part for my trail away from home.

As for sustainable vs. otherwise, I'm doing my own "experiment" in that with a trail I'm building in southern, central MN that will be lucky to get 1/10th the traffic of SBP. So, I'm not worrying so much about being 100% sustainable, either. Still, seems like I always end up re-building or re-routing something to be more of a sustainable design usually due to better riding/flow issues! Kinda funny, that.