This thread is cracking me up with all the stories about roadies and bike paths ! I"m one of those racers that like to talk while I'm racing if someone is close to me and I get all kinds of responses or nothing at all... I also say hi to everyone on the Rock Island Trail down here in Peoria( Love the R.I.T )but boy do I understand about the " Yeah what ever look "

Since I am race coordintaor with Tony I like to tell the riders at the start of the race about good sportsmanship while racing.If you notice we have been getting alot of road racers enjoying our Mountainbike races and that's my chance to tell everyone as I did this Sunday " none of us are that good and your not going to get rich so just have fun and let people pass,if you were any good you would being riding stag 8 in France right now ! " I got some nice little snickers and a few chuckles... But that doesn't just mean roadies it's MTB's too. The road teams have been great for our races and we really enjoy having them in our series !

By the way 80% of my training is on the road :)