Thread: Another Dive. Advice Needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't think you'll find a big difference in "impact repetition" between different brands. You give 'em a good whack, they should be replaced. More expensive helmets tend to weigh less (as previously noted), have better venting, better pads, and better retention systems (read: fit better). Proper fit is important, so make sure you get one that fits - obviously - but also one that is comfortable enough to be worn while properly adjusted. Snug, not too loose, not too tight.

As my wingman SteveDave sez: "Got a $40 head? Wear a $40 helmet."

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    As my wingman SteveDave sez: "Got a $40 head? Wear a $40 helmet."

Rg.
    Never trust a man with 2 1st names...

Winter before last I went nuts training for the 24 hr and by the time the weather got nice- I was way stronger than my skills were ready for. I was on my 3rd helmet within 3 weeks of riding. Even a cheap helmet is better than a dew rag or a ball cap, but on this one ole 2 names might be right...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.