Thread: Stampede course

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
    Don't let it out until we set it up the day before the race! That way everyone is in the same boat and no one has an advantage over anyone else. My two!

JB
    I 100% agree- for different reasons- if you let the course be known early you will get HAMMERED from the peanut gallery 2nd guessing what you should have done. Do yourselves a favor and just keep it to yourselves till the saturday before. The people who will complain about this are the same ones who will stab you in the back if you post it up early.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    I 100% agree- for different reasons- if you let the course be known early you will get HAMMERED from the peanut gallery 2nd guessing what you should have done. Do yourselves a favor and just keep it to yourselves till the saturday before. The people who will complain about this are the same ones who will stab you in the back if you post it up early.
    X2. Locals have an advantage by being locals thus knowing every rock and root in the place. That should be enough. The thought of directing a race makes me cringe. You folks are good people.

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    X2. Locals have an advantage by being locals thus knowing every rock and root in the place. That should be enough. The thought of directing a race makes me cringe. You folks are good people.
    it's Sylvan Island

the rocks and roots morph and evolve

we ride there year after year, mile after mile, and most of us still don't know every rock and root in the place

BUT, I *completely* understand what you're saying...Sylvan is just a completely different animal and yes, I am all for the practice of keeping the actual race course "hidden" until the very last minute.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."