Thread: Tubless Fatbike

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
    FWIW, I have 27tpi Larry/Nate on some slightly dented Holy Rolling Darryls. Surly orange rim strips and Gorilla Tape. About 160mL of Stan's in the front, 100mL of Stan's and 60mL of Cafeelatex in the rear. They're holding at 8psi now.
    Cafeelatex is worth nothing more than a punch in the balls. Get a puncture and let that stuff start spraying around--and it will because it doesn't seal worth a crap--and you'll never be able to remove it from your frame. My MCR is covered with that crap. And that's all it is--CRAP. Dump it out and put in more Stan's. You'll be happy you did, before you get a puncture.

/thread hijack.

Sunday's stomp at Salusbury Rec Area solidified my faith in tubeless as well.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    Cafeelatex is worth nothing more than a punch in the balls. Get a puncture and let that stuff start spraying around--and it will because it doesn't seal worth a crap--and you'll never be able to remove it from your frame. My MCR is covered with that crap. And that's all it is--CRAP. Dump it out and put in more Stan's. You'll be happy you did, before you get a puncture.

/thread hijack.

Sunday's stomp at Salusbury Rec Area solidified my faith in tubeless as well.
    I have more Stan's coming tomorrow. Came into the shop again this morning to two flats. I have a slow, slow leak somewhere.