Thread: Revival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

-off pink bike- Starting in January and running through the end of February, Bell Helmets and IMBA will begin taking applications for 2014 trails, with finalists named during the first week of March. Voting will then come in three regional phases, starting in April with the West coast, and ending in May with the East coast, with central voting in between. From there, all winners will be officially announced in May 2014, with trail design and construction beginning in June
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Bell-He...-for-2014.html
    This would be a good thing for LT or Westbrook in Dewitt, not sure if our imba status would qualify Forc for applying, but I'd be willing to write a grant if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    -off pink bike- Starting in January and running through the end of February, Bell Helmets and IMBA will begin taking applications for 2014 trails, with finalists named during the first week of March. Voting will then come in three regional phases, starting in April with the West coast, and ending in May with the East coast, with central voting in between. From there, all winners will be officially announced in May 2014, with trail design and construction beginning in June
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Bell-He...-for-2014.html
    This would be a good thing for LT or Westbrook in Dewitt, not sure if our imba status would qualify Forc for applying, but I'd be willing to write a grant if needed.
    I think it would be a great thing if we were awarded a grant for any of our upcoming projects.

Actually, I wrote and applied for last year's Bell Built grant for a project at Sunderbruch. The entire process put a bad taste in my mouth--the winner was ultimately decided upon based on votes via social media/facebook so naturally, IMBA's regional directors pushed for "their" projects. Our project hardly saw the light of day.

If you wish to spend the time to write an application, let me know and I'll get you the project info I have. Just be aware of the highly politicized process you'll go through to try and get your grant awarded.

Personally, I don't want anything to do with that process any longer.

/thread hijack.

Bummed about the ranger's outlook on trail development at Loud Thunder. Hoping our diplomacy, advocacy, and education can show him/them the light.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."