Thread: Mountain Biking at Rockwood State Park in Morrison...help?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1. Who determines whether or not mt. biking is allowed in state parks? The ranger? The conservation officer?

2. Who creates and maintains the trails in the QC area? Does FORC do all of the maintenance and trail creation, or do the parks help out?

3. Who covers expenses related to trail building--signage, building materials, etc.?

4. In parks where new trails have been created, are existing hiking and/or horse trails used, or is an entirely new trail cleared?

Thanks so much in advance for your help. I may hit a dead end with this idea, but I won't go down without a good fight. :)
    1. I don't know about state level. some of the others guys will prolly chime in, but I would say to first contact the IMBA regional director- Hansi ??? He can help out for sure.
    2.FORC volunteers do it all baby...
    3. sometimes cities will and other related entities offer grants. Locally we have great support through our cities and parks, but most of our related costs are through club members' dues.
    4. yes. I would recommend starting your own hike and bike trails. It's safer for everyone and easier to maintain hike/ bike trails without horses on them.

You can never have enough trail to ride although you can have enough to maintain. good luck. Look up Hansi. He will be a wealth of knowledge. Find him on IMBA's web site. maybe someone will have his #. You can always keep asking ??? here too.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    1. I don't know about state level. some of the others guys will prolly chime in, but I would say to first contact the IMBA regional director- Hansi ??? He can help out for sure.
    2.FORC volunteers do it all baby...
    3. sometimes cities will and other related entities offer grants. Locally we have great support through our cities and parks, but most of our related costs are through club members' dues.
    4. yes. I would recommend starting your own hike and bike trails. It's safer for everyone and easier to maintain hike/ bike trails without horses on them.

You can never have enough trail to ride although you can have enough to maintain. good luck. Look up Hansi. He will be a wealth of knowledge. Find him on IMBA's web site. maybe someone will have his #. You can always keep asking ??? here too.

Thank you so much for your info. That is a great place to start. And no, not going to attempt this alone. I would look to get a group of interested riders together. I'm not silly enough to think I can create and maintain a mountain bike trail on my own.