Thread: Critical Mass?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have always been 110% against critical mass. In theory the idea has merit, but in execution is makes cyclists look like a group of douchers in my opinion. It does nothing to "educate motorists" or to enlighten people of the rules of the road, all it serves is to antagonize other people.

Maybe not then. I guess I did not realize what it was
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    In theory the idea has merit, but in execution is makes cyclists look like a group of douchers...
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    It does nothing to "educate motorists" or to enlighten people of the rules of the road
    case in point - yesterday while embarking on Part 1 of the Epic Enchanted Winter Stomp, Westy and I were making a left turn in downtown Davenport. We have our arm out, signaling properly for the oncoming traffic and this car stops dead in the middle of the road, as if the driver expects us to cut in front of him, and backs everyone else up behind him. Not only did he look like an idiot but it doesn't make the bikers look any better either. All because a motorist didn't understand the rules of the road.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."