Now see the support ur lbs thing I go both ways on. A fatty isn't something I see myself riding the hell outta year round. My 29er is my baby. So dropping 2k for a bike im not sure is going to see enough use to justify itself is difficult. Especially on my limited budget. But point being made that i needs parts, upgrade say tires or whatever, then we have 2 lbs that know fattys well that I can trust to point me the right parts while not raping my wallet in the process. My 29er was only 600 new but I have spent that much in upgrades via the same lbs I bought the bike from. Plus gear etc. Not to mention prior to that bike purchase you all saw my 26" fs WALMART BIKE my first season riding. Spent some money on forks for it, and smaller gear purchases via lbs. And he was friendly and happy to help. Thus everything I've spent with the 29er and such through him now because of not looking down on me over mt first bike is pushing 2k alone. Far more than I spent online. Not much cash to many but to me its alot cause my truck cost just over half that.

So saying someone looking at budget bike isn't an lbs customer type person is insanely far from the truth. Some just can't justify/afford the expense to start something they aren't sure is going give the rewards. However when it proves worth it then the budget bike is still worth a fair amount for cash as a down on something good. Plus lbs make more margin on parts and labor over bikes anyway lol.

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk