Thread: stomping grounds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Go ride and enjoy yourself, particularly the Fondo 'route', it could use tires on the ground.
    In getting the FFFFest established, I've been in almost-daily-contact with City Parks & Rec officials. Fully communicated that repeat Fondo laps will leave ruts and trails on Credit Island frisbee course and open fields in a wide range of weather conditions. The officials written reply is that it is not an issue. Our Fondo is 100% in flood zone, and normal flooding will 'erase' any impacts. The City of Davenport, Parks & Rec, Levee Commission, Living Lands & Waters, River Action and other agencies that I have been in contact with are extremely enthusiastic and supportive of FORCs FFFFest, and the repeat & positive presence FORCers bring to Credit Island. Everyone is happy to have FORC there, even in a bit o' mud.
    Go ride and enjoy yourself.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    Go ride and enjoy yourself, particularly the Fondo 'route', it could use tires on the ground.
    In getting the FFFFest established, I've been in almost-daily-contact with City Parks & Rec officials. Fully communicated that repeat Fondo laps will leave ruts and trails on Credit Island frisbee course and open fields in a wide range of weather conditions. The officials written reply is that it is not an issue. Our Fondo is 100% in flood zone, and normal flooding will 'erase' any impacts. The City of Davenport, Parks & Rec, Levee Commission, Living Lands & Waters, River Action and other agencies that I have been in contact with are extremely enthusiastic and supportive of FORCs FFFFest, and the repeat & positive presence FORCers bring to Credit Island. Everyone is happy to have FORC there, even in a bit o' mud.
    Go ride and enjoy yourself.
    well that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."