Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park - February 20-22, 2009

Kings - check with AG about the trailer...

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

I also have room of 1 or 2 in the jeep, but I won't be leaving the quads till 7p.m.ish. how do I get in on a room ?
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Board Position
    President

Leaving that late my may just want to call and get your own room. Unless someone speaks up.

Holiday Inn - Cleveland Airport
    (216) 252-7700
    4181 W. 150th Street
    Cleveland, OH 44135
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by Kings View Post
    Do I still need to bring a bike rack or is the bike situation taken care of with the trailer going now?

Kings
    Call me
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

mtnbkn1, I have a deal for you. Me and my girl are flying in on Thursday, but flights look iffy on Sunday to get back home (my gf is a flight attendant so we fly stand-by for free). If you can drive us back to the QC on Sunday if flights get worse then you have yourself a room. Oh, and my girl friend says she'll kick you out if you snore. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    Oh, and my girl friend says she'll kick you out if you snore.
    unless you spoon with her...she likes that :D
    Last edited by jimithng23; 02-18-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Board Position

sorry, I snore... But it's looking like I'll have room. No bikes, just you guys, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    mtnbkn1, I have a deal for you. Me and my girl are flying in on Thursday, but flights look iffy on Sunday to get back home (my gf is a flight attendant so we fly stand-by for free). If you can drive us back to the QC on Sunday if flights get worse then you have yourself a room. Oh, and my girl friend says she'll kick you out if you snore. Let me know.
    Gunchie, I may be able to drive you guys back. I may be buying a vehicle while in Ohio, so John and I would have 2 vehicles to drive home. But, that is only if I do like the vehicle after I test drive it. So, I'm not a guaranteed option -- just a possibility.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Gunchie, I may be able to drive you guys back. I may be buying a vehicle while in Ohio, so John and I would have 2 vehicles to drive home. But, that is only if I do like the vehicle after I test drive it. So, I'm not a guaranteed option -- just a possibility.
    come on Bexter...you know you're going to LOVE that Soob! I'm excited for you! I hope that d/ship takes good care of you guys.

Nope, no bikes. You snore, I sleep nude on top of the sheets... we're just a modern day odd couple. We can have the front desk leave you a key when you come in. And yes, Mielke knows how much Megan loves spooning since they snuggled in Colorado... we are very close club.

mtnbkn1, I sent you a PM.

only two more days.................
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Board Position

If anybody misses a ride or something friday let me know as I'm leaving late by myself in a Jeep Commander. shame to waste all that space...

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I let the folks at DirtRag know what a large group we were bringing. They thought it was awesome we were coming from so far!

What a lucky few we are by being the first people to do a night ride at Rays!:burnout:

A great time was had by many this very eve here in cold as a well diggers a** Cleveland Ohio.

Wish U were here:banana:
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

ok, so most of us are home right now thinkin.............. damn i'm tired. what an awesome time i had. will deffinately be making next years trip should there be one. rock on ray, sweet job.

Default ti-red

Oh, my, gawd, Becky... Ray's was a fantastic time, especially with such a fun group...

Favorite moments (in no particular order):
    -Arriving Friday and riding hard after a 8+ hour drive.
    -Watching Hank's dirty gym sock beer face whilst listening to Kings of Leon @ Brew Pub #1. Brooklyn Brown Ale was the way to go.
    -Bart catching major air regardless of the bike he was on.
    -FORC group session on the GF pump track.
    -Eating approximately 2.5 pounds of pulled pork @ Brew Pub #4 (digestive system still not normal).
    -Looking across the Ray's landscape during the night ride.
    -Managing to squeeze in one last stoke before leaving... sessioning some skinny action with Peoria peoples and finally clearing all the medium jumps.

Was definitely running on empty that last run, legs "Elvis"ing all over the place. Sore as H-E-double hockey sticks today but oh so worth it.

Thanks for having me along, looking forward to the pics / vidz and whatever's next... http://www.lambaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=523
    Last edited by Ken; 02-23-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Everyone, what a blast! Thank YOU for making it so cool. We met fantastic people, enjoyed many o' skinnies, jumps and other assorted obstacles, consumed a cocktail or 10 and a periodic pulled pork sandwich or cheeseburger, rode, slept, rode, snacked, rode more, slept, drank, etc. I knew the trip would be fun, but it exceeded any expectation I had. AG, thanks for putting it all together and FORCers, thanks for being willing to go on "Ladies Weekend" for me! Great fun!! Go Rays!!
    :banana:
    I wanna ride!

Ray's was a great time! Thanks to EVERYONE who had a hand in putting it all together!

Lot's of fun, many stories, GREAT microbrews...really, really looking forward to riding much, much more. Come on Spring!

....now, where's my Blackout Stout?

Dude, I've got 3 more Blackout Stouts in the fridge... just happened to come home in the cooler. Mmmmmm.

However, in honor of Fat Tuesday, y'all should consider picking up some Dixie's Blackened Voodoo Lager.
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Dooods- I rode 25 miles Friday night and Saturday inside an area that's only 2 1/2 acres in size!!!- and MOST EVERYONE in our group rode as much as I did!!!

What a trip! Sorya had a great time riding- she couldn't believe how much funi it was once you get used to the style of things they have there!!

This club ROCKS!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

i only wish i had a computer to see how many miles i actually rode this past weekend. crazy to even think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Dooods- I rode 25 miles Friday night and Saturday inside an area that's only 2 1/2 acres in size!!!- and MOST EVERYONE in our group rode as much as I did!!!

What a trip! Sorya had a great time riding- she couldn't believe how much funi it was once you get used to the style of things they have there!!

This club ROCKS!!

Ray,

for the record, I want you all to know that I am JEALOUS. CALIFORNIA BITES!!!!! I want back in with the FORCers.

Hey hey!

Dirt Rag has updated their blog with the weekend wrapup, complete with photos!

Check it out here.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Very hot to to see our girls in a dirt rag photo shoot!!

Slim- It's cold and crappy here, but we'll welcome you back with open arms!! Just remember our deal- I get the dark ones- you get the light ones...

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.