Thread: XC Skiing Interest

Default XC Skiing Interest

Big Splash and I were talking yestersday about putting together a few local cross country ski outings... Emeis, Duck Creek, Sco Co Pa, Saukee. Putting it out there to see who is interested... Seems that favorable XC ski conditions don't stick around long around here, so it'll be a post and go type deal. We can also send emails or texts. Just get us your digits and you'll be on the notification list. PM me.

Also, one of the things he suggested was to do a ski event similar to the Chocolate Ski Tour at Spring Green (you ski a course where there are chocolate stops along the way). Just thinking of fun things to occupy our time when bike riding isn't as favorable.
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

I"m lost- why isn't biking favorable? HAHA!! Kidding- no thread hijack here!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    Vice President

me and drew would like to join this. Govener dodge state park has awsome trails they are groomed most all year with plenty of sick hills!
    also when the lake freezes solid loud thunder is fun. Also me and drew layed some mad tracks over at illiniwik yesterday! ohh nooo its the illiniwiki leaks!!

If you need motivation to XCSki: http://www.youtube.com/user/xczonetv.../2/1cppkpKu-CA
    You can try all those things in my backyard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVliOQJdMJc ;-)
    Happy winter!

Oooh, Gov. Dodge Park sounds like fun! Another place I want to hit is Swiss Valley in Dubuque -- in fact, I have already been talking to the Chain Reaction crew about that. It's been YEARS since I've been there, but it was SUPER fun! And, Galena does groomed XC trails too. We have plenty of options!!!!

Vibrato -- HA!!!!!!!!
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Plenty of snow now. Anybody up for a ski within the next few days? My brother and I are heading out this afternoon, don't know where yet; maybe Blackhawk College grounds.

I am game Saturday or Sunday....
    I wanna ride!