Thread: HAHA Ya'll got a newbie on the forum!

Default HAHA Ya'll got a newbie on the forum!

Hello, I just stumbled on this website the other day in my quest looking for trails to ride not to far from home. I have spent quite a few hours (I think the wife is mad at me) reading various post, it seems like this board is pretty close knit. About 10 years ago I use to ride BMX and have been wanting to get into MTB'ing for the last year; so I took the plunge in April and have been just riding to build some Stamina before I really hit some trails. I need some MTB friends as all my friends are to broke to buy a bike or to lazy to put down the game controllers. It is time to put my bike to work and stop the pampered life so I have a couple questions for your family.

Are your group rides just for members or do you allow non members to join?
    How often do you have group rides?
    Would you recommend someone ride the trails by themselves?

I hope to be riding with some of you in the near future, and hope to not slow anyone down as I just wanna go fast like Ricky Bobby!

Thanks

Board Position
    President

No worries, we always like to see new faces. Our group rides are for every one. Just keep an eye on the lets ride forum to see when and where we will be. Being plagued with rain this year the group rides and every other ride for that matter has been few and far between. There is a lot of us that do ride by our selfs. We ride when we can and where we can.

Stick with it and you will ride like Ricky Bobby soon my friend, AG
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Hey ! I'm in the same boat as you just getting into mountain biking this summer,
    I have been hitting the trails every chance I get and having a ton of fun.
    I really don't have any biker friends either but by just going out to the trails by myself I have met a few people.
    I'm up to ride as much as the weather allows ( afternoons and weekends) just post up on the let's ride section if you want some company

Brian

Welcome! Post your rides and no doubt you will have people meet you. Also, our club meets the first Monday of each month for a meeting -- join us! You will get to meet many of us, see what we are about, what we are up to, events, trail work info, etc. Meetings are at River House in Moline, 6:30 PM.
    I wanna ride!

"...been wanting to get into MTB'ing for the last year; so I took the plunge in April"
    You did the right thing! A bad day mountain biking is still a kick ass day. Keep an eye out for our 2nd group ride of the year on Wed. Don't worry about stamina. Group rides are mellow.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Thanks everyone, I will definitely post up in the ride section a couple days before I decide to go up there.

Bexter,
    I will look into coming up to a meeting.

Russhole,
    What time is the tentative group ride Wednesday? I haven't seen anything on it. Depending what time the brown santa brings my helmet and trail supplies I might be able to make it.

Thanks again everyone; I'm super stoked to get on some real trails. Now I just gotta convince the wife she should try some trails out

5:30 Sylvan Island.
    Give the wife plenty of time. Don't push. This mtb thing isn't for everyone.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.