Quote Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
they hate when we can keep up with/ leave them.....
They hate it even more when you pass them on a singlespeed... especially when climbing a mountain rode. When turn to say hi as I always do, they normal do respond though.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
Since I am race coordintaor with Tony I like to tell the riders at the start of the race about good sportsmanship while racing.If you notice we have been getting alot of road racers enjoying our Mountainbike races and that's my chance to tell everyone as I did this Sunday " none of us are that good and your not going to get rich so just have fun and let people pass,if you were any good you would being riding stag 8 in France right now ! " I got some nice little snickers and a few chuckles... But that doesn't just mean roadies it's MTB's too. The road teams have been great for our races and we really enjoy having them in our series !

By the way 80% of my training is on the road :)
The funny thing is that in the races I race in there are PRO mountain bike riders, and they are always really friendly about passing. So why is it that the mountain racers who really are the best aren't smug, but the average joe road biker is? Still, I've met a lot of friendly roadies out here, so maybe it's a Midwest thing. We all love to pedal, so why can't we all get along.