Thread: Illinois Homegrown Race Series

Default Illinois Homegrown Race Series

After getting some negative feedback on the naming of the race series, the decision was made not to go forward with the Race Illinois Mountainbike Series moniker.

As a nod to the original series name, the expanded series will be called Illinois Homegrown Race Series.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

they *changed* it?

:eek:
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Nothin wrong with either name- You could call the series "Chuck" and if the series is run good and is fun (and with the people running it you know it will be) it would be a success. The only serious critique of the name I saw was that it has Illinois in it, and it still does so big whoopity do.

If RIMS was the 1st choice and was discarded because of a joke, when did us MTBers get so friggin sensitive? A dirty joke? Hello- have you met us? Maybe we all ought to drink more and follow Franky, cause he says- relax. You think there ain't any jokes about homegrown? Of course there are, but now we have to wait a year before we can say them outloud for fear of another name change.

Whatever, Doods. No matter the name it will be called a great series.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

trust me, I drank enough for all of ya and the name was just fine. I just wanna ride my bike
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    Nothin wrong with either name- You could call the series "Chuck" and if the series is run good and is fun (and with the people running it you know it will be) it would be a success. The only serious critique of the name I saw was that it has Illinois in it, and it still does so big whoopity do.

If RIMS was the 1st choice and was discarded because of a joke, when did us MTBers get so friggin sensitive? A dirty joke? Hello- have you met us? Maybe we all ought to drink more and follow Franky, cause he says- relax. You think there ain't any jokes about homegrown? Of course there are, but now we have to wait a year before we can say them outloud for fear of another name change.

Whatever, Doods. No matter the name it will be called a great series.
    Maybe I just have too dirty of a mind, but I thought the "old-new" name was pretty bad. Whatever though, I'll still race (and lose) regardless of what it's called.

I like the "home grown" part of it. it reminds me... well of me. Ha!

-hw