Thread: Bianchi Tangent (Help/Ideas Wanted)

Default Bianchi Tangent (Help/Ideas Wanted)

I was hoping to get some help and ideas from the group on a late 80's, very early 90's Bianchi Tangent my dad gave me. Still looking to get exact info. The bike is currently with Scott at B&B, but I'm hoping to get some ideas for referbing it. I want to be able to use the bike versus referbing it to have it sit there on display. The fact that it was my dad's and he did Ragbrai on it 3 times means alot and I think it would be fun to also complete Rabgrai next year on the same bike 20 years later. I was thinking of having it repainted by Clutch and would keep the Celeste color. Already having issues finding the correct decals so may just go with the basic Bianchi decals (not sure what color, black, white maybe....ideas welcome). Scott said everything on it in tems of the SunTour XC Comp are in good shape. nothing locked up, everything is smooth. Same with the SunTour XC Comp and XC Pro hubs. Rims are not matching so was thinking of having nice new matte black rims laced to the Suntour hubs. Of course since it will be down to fork and frame for painting would be repacking the bearings and a complete run-through along with new brake pads, cables, wrap. Any ideas on color scheme would be appreciate too. Celeste paint, black/white/celeste cable housing/wrap or tan cork type or leather wrap, probably celete Bianchi Seat from www.bianchiusa.com. I see a lot of celeste and white or celeste and black so just trying to think outside the box with color setup. Also, I would love to get help doing some of this work myself just for the learning factor if anyone has a sweet basement shop and is willing to help/teach. Thanks for the listening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd leave the paint alone and put on tan wrap, a tan brooks saddle, and get rid of that ugly seatpost with something silver (thompson prehaps).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    I'd leave the paint alone and put on tan wrap, a tan Brooks...
    +1

I have a tan B17 if interested.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

See, I knew this was the right place to ask for advice. I found a few pics of a Celeste Bianchi with tan/leather wrap and the tan seat and really like how that looks. How much are you asking for the tan B17? Do you have some pics? If so, can you email them to gustave_neumann@yahoo.com or post them here?

Default Bianchi Tangent Restore COMPLETE!!

Wanted to post some before/after pictures now that the Bianchi restore is complete. I couldn't be happier with it and I wanted to give a HUGE shout out and THANK YOU to Scott at B&B for completing this awesome work. This was my father's Bianchi and he rode Ragbrai on it about 20 years ago. My plan is to run some stages of Rabgrai on the same bike, 20+ years later! My parents are digging around to find old Ragbrai pictures of the bike so those will be great to have soon too.
    Attached Images Attached Images