Quote Originally Posted by SUPERFLYGUY View Post
So I suppose since I was the cause of this whole mess I should at least comment (although I did see a lot of later class racers also scrambling to pull bar ends and change grips). First and foremost, I want to sincerely thank Healthy Habits and their crew for making a special trip back to their shop in Bettendorf to pick up grips! What a great shop and great guys! I was pulled from the Novice Race 4 minutes before the start. I bought my bike about a week before observing SIS 8 last year so this was my first year of riding and my first race and not knowing the rule was completely my fault. That being said, I was able to nervously make the 10:30am jump up to the Maverick Class and much to my surprise I finished 8th!!
So much awesome in this post.

"...Healthy Habits and their crew for making a special trip back to their shop in Bettendorf to pick up grips!"
^^ that's incredible. LOVE to hear when shops go above and beyond to take care of peeps.

"...I was able to nervously make the 10:30am jump up to the Maverick Class and much to my surprise I finished 8th!!"
^^ you kicked A$$ Gus!