Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
We deal with guys that want to hide the cost of bike purchases on a fairly regular basis. We've developed some pretty effective techniques.
I had a novel approach to hiding the cost of purchase to my GF...

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
Also, there's no need to bad mouth Roadies. To each their own. If you really want to get down to who's cooler then I'd say cyclocross guys are the toughest. There's something about bombing hills in excess of 50mph on my road bike or winning a sprint that gets my adrenaline flowing. I have a ton of respect for guys that climb mountains.
Werd. bombing the hills is the easy part, getting up them is HARD!!! Tigris, the QC's is maybe not the most ideal place to experience road biking, since everything in the midwest is so flat... I'm convinced that doping or not, the guys who compete in the Tour de France are amongst the best athletes in the world. I feel like i'm going to die after climbing the 485 ft high, 3 mile-long hill at the end of my road loop, I can't imagine what it's like to do the mountain sections. Those guys are hard core. Mountain biking is a whole different animal: apples and oranges man, don't knock it till you've tried it. Make a loop in davenport, from Brady st, to the East Village, climbing the hill, going over one block east & descending, then going over one block east and climbing again, repeating til you make it to Mound St or Jersey Ridge, riding as hard as you can. That might give you a different appreciation for real road biking.