took her out for it's maiden spin at Valley Forge today... She's one fat girl that I'm not ashamed to be seen riding. We did a 10.4 mile loop, 2 fat bikes, 2 29ers. Even though the guys on the 29ers were in much better shape (they're roadies), they had a hard time keeping up with the fatties. The Pugsley is a world of difference away from my Specialized- the wheelbase is nearly 4" shorter and handles appreciatively better. In spite of the quicker steering, it feels more stable, too. Bombing the descents, which has been almost terrifying on the 29er, it just flew down, easy as pie. It's almost as if line selection is irrelevant; in one section, I entered the hill too late and the line I was on took me into a root with a wicked drop, I just hucked it and kept rolling down the hill. That line on my Hardrock, with it's crappy suntour fork would have put me on my head. I think I'll keep my CX tires on the specialized and maybe put drops on there too. It'll be a better urban commuter; I don't see it seeing much single track for a while.

Once you go fat, do you ever go back?