SOrry I missed this months meeting, had a choice of ride or meeting, hehe, chose to ride.

That being said, I have been keeping up on all this and did make last months. Personally I say go for it, simply because what do we have to loose. Club officers are good with it, so club pays in, if its not for us, we leave....

IMBA wouldnt be what it is if there wasnt plenty of good that comes from it. Ok so membership dues go up a bit per year, but whats $50 a year really???? Just over $4 A MONTH!!! I accumulate that in change on the floor of my vehicles every month. Id have no problem personally paying that (or even a little more) and I can bet im on the lower end of the income lvls of club members. Ok so IMBA takes a % of dues, we all pay a little more, then clubs income stays the same give or take from dues.

As for the whole 501 status, being my experiences, that will make a difference in donations the club receives. Companies/people are going to donate more when they can right off the max allowed by the IRS. Gotta look at donations from a business perspective. Tax write-offs. Yes without 501 some is still able to be written off but smaller % is allowed as a deduction. The more that can be written off, the more they are going to donate as it means less income/profit that gets taxed. Thats at least how my friends wife that is an accountant explained it to me when I was doing the whole internet business thing.