Thread: Anybody Been in the Empty Pool Behind the Arsenal Bridge?

Default Anybody Been in the Empty Pool Behind the Arsenal Bridge?

Any fat-bikers or otherwise ride down in that empty pond just behind the Arsenal bridge on the Illinois side? Looks like a prime spot to get muddy and put the fat-bike to the test. I'd take the 29er down there but I think the wheels would cut through and be too much trouble.

My fat-bike is on the way and I can't wait take it where I'm not supposed to be able to ride a bike. Wherever I go now I seem to be looking for fat-bike riding lines down and up insane hills and terrain. I thought it would stop after the 29er. Oops.

Board Position
    Vice President

i think its mined..... also rumored to be.. watched by the 4 remaining members of seal team 7 that didnt get into trouble for helping on the new medal of honour game! and if you manage to get past them. The feared arsenal police will get you trambling through prime grey/green salamander habitat, only 9 said to be left in the world!

guess youll just have to try it at the sludge pits on sylvan

There are more killer spots to take advantage if the drought in the QC on Fat Bikes. Shoot, just last weekend Steve-O and I saw a homeless guy digging a 8x8, 6' deep foxhole with chimney, played a pick up game of hoops on a homemade hoop in the woods, rode around a beached river boat house, sat in some abandoned lawn chairs on an old foundation, got enchanted and ate fried chicken while fat bikes made fun of a couple 29ers out back. (They spoke French). Seriously, the riding we've done in low lying areas on fat bikes in the past months has been nothing short of mind blowing and easily the most fun I've had on a bike in my life.

All while cruising at an average clip of about 4 miles per hour.

All of this done with very little, if any at all, sh*t being given.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

If you're talking about the area off to the right just after crossing the Government Bridge, heading into IL, I've been down there. It isn't worth the effort to get down there, and it was only after I was down into the thing that I realized I was probably only minutes away from being thrown on a plane and shipped to Guantanamo.

The perimeter was good fat bikin', with a good amount of sand and rock, though it was really short. The "pool" area was full of thick mud that smelled like it was a shallow grave for the people that had made their way down there before me.

Like I said, not worth it. Like Raul said, lots of other adventures to be had that are worth it.

I figured as much. The Man is always bustin' balls. I was on Augustana's property today and that looked like a lot of fun to get kicked out of while riding in the woods. Couple of really nice climbs over there that looked clear enough to give it a one shot.

Thanks for the heads up.