Thread: First time at Sunderbruch

Default First time at Sunderbruch

I'm originally from the QC. Left about 10 years ago. Living in Galena now. Just started riding again this summer after a few years off. Saw info about Sunderbruch on mtbr and was excited to go out there when i visited this past weekend. Rode 23 miles there yesterday. Did every loop at least once. It was awesome. So cool to see something like that in the QC. L.T. And Jubilee are great. Palos kicked my ass...went over the bars on a descent :) Couldn't make it through all of Blue Mound without stopping...going to have to get back down there to clear that one. Anyways just wanted to say thanks to FORC for putting together such a great system. Got a new reason to visit the family more often.

What's the best trail in the area. I'm in town for 2 days and wondering which part to hit up I'm staying an Moline right next to Sylvan island

Quote Originally Posted by bige610 View Post
    What's the best trail in the area. I'm in town for 2 days and wondering which part to hit up I'm staying an Moline right next to Sylvan island
    JB will tell you Illiniwek. jimithng23 will tell you Sunderbruch. AG will tell you Scott County. Problem is they are all right. They are all good! This might help...

Mileage from most to least: Scott County > Sunderbruch > Illiniwek > Sylvan
    Elevation from most to least: Sunderbruch > Illiniwek > Scott County > Sylvan
    Tech from difficult to easy: Sunderbruch > Scott County > Sylvan > Illiniwek

Tech is very subjective, and I suck, so I based it on the more I have to walk/bypass the more technical it is. ^_^

I rode my bike from Moline here too sunder brunch and really enjoyed it I'm recovering from a broken foot was my first ride of the season. I also broke in my new el mariachi i built in march today for the first time which is really nice. I really enjoyed the trail and I thought it was the perfect mix of both are beginner and Technical this is really nice for someone like me who is still trying to get back my skills great work guys. I only wish I got more time there. I had to head back. The first paved climb into the park smoked me as well. Wasn't expecting that. Good time. Time for beer