Dood- that was another awsome trip- Thursday we spent about 4 hours at Valmont. EVERY city should have a park like this!! It's much larger than we thought it would be with great technical sections, and a fantastic array of jump lines allowing doods like me to start on the VERY SMALL jump lines and work my way up. By the time I got on the Yeti 303 at tressle- I was clearing MAJOR table tops, and this year when I hit the big wooden step up at the end of Beall Ucanb- I didn't just "do the jump", I actually landed past the safety flat and got to the real landing area! Valmont should be an absolute must ride if you are in that area!

Spent 6 hours at Tressle on Friday- they are doing a TON of work. Tressle has incredible flow and massive berms. Crazy fun!

Spent 7 hours at Keystone on Saturday- Keystone is to Technical what Tressle is to Flow. The double black diamond trails here will REALLY make you pay attention! "Skelter" trail has an infinite pucker factor. A few of us took the 6 ft drop on TNT and I even nutted up and hit "Paranoid" in the Drop Zone.

I opted for a Yeti- 303 at Tressle. Very forgiving big travel bike, jumps so nice you don't know you left the ground- even cleared their double jumps and I DO NOT DO doubles! Also- there is one trail that has 3 very large drops, the biggest had to be 8-10 feet and rolling it was NOT an option.

Last year I rode my anthem at keystone, this year I rented a Trek- Session. Trails at Keystone are VERY rough and rocky, they'll vibrate the fillings out of your teeth even on a big travel bike. Having a bike with huge travel let me play with some technical trails I would have struggled with on my anthem- plus, I wouldn't have done NEARLY as high drops with my short travel bike.

Great trip!!