Thread: XTERRA Illinois Wilds, Saturday, August 20th Peoria

Default XTERRA Illinois Wilds, Saturday, August 20th Peoria

Get ready for the 2nd annual XTERRA Illinois Wilds off road triathlon at Wildlife Prairie State Park. Create a team or tackle the course "el lobo solo"! Course Description: A 1/2 mile open-lake swim starts off the day. Transition to the 6-mile mountain bike loop – done twice – which offers a variety of unique scenery and terrain that only Wildlife Prairie Park can provide! A majority of the trail system traverses through reclaimed lands from the old coal mining days, which left behind ponds, lakes, ravines, ridges and even rocky terrain, rare phenomena on Central IL trails! Mixed in are stands of old growth forest and blazing fast paths through the open prairies that are the park’s namesake! This year's course will be showcasing our newly opened section of the South Side Trails!! Finish with a four-mile trail run on the paths near Wildlife's native animal enclosures! Hope to see you there!!!

When: Saturday, August 20th, 2011
    Where: Wildlife Prairie State Park, (Parkside Pavilion), Peoria, IL
    What time: Race starts at 9:00 am
    More information: http://www.wildlifeprairiestatepark....ois-Wilds.html

If anyone from the area is trying to put a team together, I would be happy to bike or run. A few months ago I thought about doing this solo but couldn't find the motivation to train for the swimming portion.

Clark

I did the bike portion of this race last year and it was a blast! Great trails! Betsy Silzer from PAMBA designed and built them, so you know they're fun!
    I wanna ride!

Default XTERRA this Saturday the 20th!

XTERRA race day is rapidly approaching! Throw a team together & come join the fun! Though the park usually charges a small fee for trail access, the trails will be open and free for all to pre-ride this week! If you happen to be passing through, plan on doing a lap and check out some of our newest trails! Thanks FORC!