SO I got a set of Avid bb7s and 180mm g2s for my 29er. Been doing some paved riding around here as weather permits, only total about 10miles since I put brakes on last week (snowmobiles own paved trails when there is snow so riding them can be a PITA)

As of right now, back brakes are INSANELY TOUCHY. I got Speed Dial 7 levers to go with them and have the rear turned as soft as possible now. Not only touchy but they make that annoying howling noise. I even backed both pads off a click to try and at least get some of the bite outta them, seeming I need to back off more.

Fronts on the other hand suck for braking power. they work but not near enough there with levers turned all the way up.

What did I do wrong?
How do I fix it?

I did lightly sand front brakes so they can start over not sure what I did wrong over the rears, guessing I had front set too tight to start with (only difference I know of in set up from front and back). As for the backs not sure what to do there, howls similar to car brakes if you get them too hot and glaze them.

Anyone that can help I would greatly appreciate it so I can get these set right before hitting the trails again.