Thread: Want to buy.......Road Bike...Fixie???

Default Want to buy.......Road Bike...Fixie???

I have been thinking about buying a road bike and know NOTHING about them. I have looked at some new but would like to get a good used one. Anyone have an extra they can live without? I am not sure on size but a L or XL mtb fits me fine. 56cm or 58cm maybe???? I mainly want it for the set of rollers I got so a Fixie may work. Even with my semi-road tires on the 29er it is load as hell.....

Skinny tire up front, skinny tire out back, pedals and chain going round n round... what's to know? Sounds like a 58 might be ok for you, do a search and you'll find info on converting your inseam into 'proper' frame sizing (a good start anyway).

If you get a fixie, make sure it has a flip-flop hub and a freewheel so you can ride SS instead of fixed (w/ front brake as well). If you've never ridden rollers, you for sure won't want to learn with fixed gears imo...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

You could get one new for around 600 to 800. Make great commuter bikes.

k, bike nashbar has a complete road bike fixie for $250. you could buy it and upgrade the parts you don't like. I think you usually want a slightly smaller fixed gear bike. i'm pretty sure velodrome riders ride a slightly smaller size frame than they would on a geared road bike. I believe this is for balance, power and agility since you ride in a tight group with little room to manouver.
    Last edited by bikefreak; 11-03-2009 at 02:55 PM.

I think you usually want a slightly smaller fixed gear bike. i'm pretty sure velodrome riders ride a slightly smaller size frame than they would on a geared road bike. I believe this is for balance, power and agility since you ride in a tight group with little room to manouver.