Thread: We need you!

Thumbs down We need you!

Are you new to moutain biking and need to be part of the whole MTB experience? Or are you someone that would like to ride 4 different local trails in one week? Or maybe you would like to ride a local trail system with more then 10 miles of trial? If any of these thing are something that look good to you, then WE NEED YOU! For this club to build and maintain four local trail systems WE NEED YOU! Now I'm not talking to the 20or so members that come out to trail days and spend time every week to keep the local trails going. But to the 70 or so members that we don't see that much, and the non members that visit this forum and ride the local trails. It's not hard to do, just watch the forum and when you see a post related to trail work or maintance at any of the local trails, dress yourself as you would to do yard work, grab some water and a shovel (flat works best), rake or other yard working tool and head on out. Now don't tell me that you don't know how to build trails, it's not that hard and there are lot's of people very willing to show you all you need to know.

Ok so here's your chance! This Sunday 11/1/09 9:00am Illiniwek park. We will need lots of help building new trail, setting two planks and one small bridge, and clearing and raking of existing trails. Post here if you can come and REMEMBER WE NEED YOU!

JB

You trail blazers are early birds, now where are you guys working?

http://maps.google.com/maps?source=i...26522&t=h&z=15

Well said ELSANTO. There are a lot of people that have plenty of time to ride the local trails, but seem to have no time when it comes to maintenance. A little help from a lot of people makes a HUGE difference.

I was out at Illiniwek recently and to see the progress that John and Drew have made is nothing short of awesome. These guys have spent countless hours out there and the trails are coming along nicely.

I'll be there Sunday.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

will try my best to imake it out and lend another helping hand. do you want a yard boss out there too? i can bring the one i have. wifes gotta work so i gotta make sure theres a sitter available for the majority of the morning.

if we wern't early birds, no work would get done as the nicer it gets, the more riding starts to call out your name. GET UP AND GET ER DONE....
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Ok, I have one correction to make, you do have to be a member to do trail work, it's the whole insurance thing. Soooooo what better reason to join the club, come to the meeting on Monday (Front Street Brew Pub in Davenport 6:30pm) and sign thee papers. If you join now the membership will be good through the end of 2010.

Thanks Rushole, and yes dru_b if you could and also your chain saw. We will be working on the north end of the park up by the look out. Follow the signs and give a holler when you get up to the look out or call me at 309 721 5192.

PS. Hell, I remember back in the old days when we started at 8:00am. Ahhhhh the good old days!

JB

It's a drag, but understandable, that only members can help on trail. If anyone comes out tomorrow and signs up to be a memeber so they can help us work, I'll buy that person lunch.

When I said "There are a lot of people that have plenty of time to ride the local trails, but seem to have no time when it comes to maintenance." I hope no old time FORCers thought I talking to them. I am talking to those guys like myself who get to ride sweet local trails built by others.

It's about giving back to those before us and not being that guy or gal who enjoys all the benefit with none of the work.

I Hope to see a bunch of people tomorrow. :D
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I'm ready are you?;)

JB

A tasty lunch at Jammers Road House sounds good.

no lunch in the mix for me, imma broke ass. i AM gonna bring the twowheeler with me though and may get it on after a bit of work bein done. se ya'll in a bit.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

I won't make it today on account of the wifes birthday, but I will try to make it to the meeting tomorrow to sign and pay so I'm ready for the next one.

Does the pub serve food (i'm an out of towner)?

Last newbie question that I want to get out of the way - is the group name pronounced "fork" or "force" - I could buy either one

Yes, Front Street brewpub serves food, pretty typical for people to eat at the meeting.

FORC as in "fork".

See you tomorrow!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME OUT TODAY! We had twelve total with one coming all the way from Muscatine IA., to help us build trail here in the QCA! Any way thanks to Andy J (from Muscatine), dru_b, Son Zach, Brother Denis, Brad, Jim, Rodger (SCP Crew), Mark N., Jeff, Drew, Russhole, and Me. We but in 1/4 mile of new trail cleared another 1/2 mile, set one bridge and two planks, and raked a hell of a lot of trail, just think what we could have got done with a few more people. Again thanks to all and if you get a chance post your hours.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    Last newbie question that I want to get out of the way - is the group name pronounced "fork" or "force" - I could buy either one
    It's Fork like in a bicycle fork
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"