Thread: blown shocks

Default blown shocks

ok, i believe i have a diagnosis from last nights shock dilemma. blew the cartridge. talked to marzocchi today, probably gotta end up sending the shock back for repair or replacement. will know for sure after B-n-H talks to them tomorrow. they said return service should be around 2 weeks.

this really sucks. i had to wait 2 weeks to get the dang forks to begin with. all this on only the second trip out with the new forks. WAY TO GO MARZOCCHI. can't say i am pleased so far. hope this isn't an ongoing issue with the cold weather. need to consult marzocchi on that issue still. think i'll wait to make sure they warranty everything first.

more to come about customer service.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Curious to see what customer service you get. We've had issues with Fox stuff and based upon the service we received, we will NEVER buy a Fox fork again. We have had great luck with Rockshox.
    I wanna ride!

from the phone today, he seems like it should be warrantied but he could not guarantee it on the phone. i started to get a little testy with him already about the whole warranty issue. these being bought on the 19th of november, today makes them just over 3 weeks old. warranty issues?????? i hope to hell not. seems pretty cut and dry to me. told me that they would match shipping to however we ship the fork to them as they wanted to get this taken care of before xmas since i was already an upset customer. told him i had a very big mouth if this wasn't resolved in a satisfying way.

He probably isn't allowed to guarantee it is warrantied because of liability and what not. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure they will take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dru_b View Post
    ...told him i had a very big mouth if this wasn't resolved in a satisfying way.
    How big is it? Can you fit your fist in it? Show us a picture
    Gunchie is right (is that the first time? anyone know?). They can't promise anything on the phone.

Keep your chin up buttercup. I'm sure they will take care of you. I'm w/ you though, on the whole it becoming a reoccurring problem thought. I hope not though. Kinda like why there is a "lemon law" for new cars. If something new has the same issue X number of times, it is a lemon.
    Ya didn't see me do it. Ya can't prove it!

Zoke has been very cool with me in two past warranty issues, both times when they didn't have to be. It's a drag you had problems in the first place, but sh*t happens.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

ok, forks went out today 3rd day air. marzocchi says they'll be back before xmas. i agree and understand with the whole not guaranteeing anything on the phone. covering his own ass. just frustrating when you get a brand new item and have to return it for repairs immediately. i'll get over it though. actually i am pretty much for now n e ways. time will only tell for sure.

Steve at B-n-H has been oober helpful. he even put on a "loaner" fork for me. turns out that the original 22 lo shock that i traded back in on the new ones was still around the shop. well, no more. theey're back on the bike. great things happens sometimes and so this weekend i shall be looking for a ride?