Thread: Unauthorized Trail Manipulation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unauthorized Trail Manipulation

Someone recently moved the log ride on the old Jim's loop portion of the Sugar Bottom trail and created a potential hazard. The log has been pushed off of the trail, and it will take quite a bit of work to get it positioned in the proper location again. The original position was selected so the log ride could be an alternate route, necessary since it is an advanced technical feature on a Blue trail - the main route bypasses the feature.

Lecture: Do not build or modify trails or trail features without permission!

The reasons are too numerous to mention here, google it if you are unclear as to why this is not cool...

Whoever moved this log and roll-up clearly went to a lot of effort, but that effort needs to be directed at approved trail work instead of improperly modifying existing trails. If you or someone you know was involved in moving this log, please PM me. I'm not as much interested in delivering another lecture, but would like to try and get these guys earn their dirt on approved projects - we have plenty.

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

this **** pisses me off to no end. we (rage and I) spent quite a bit of time getting that thing into place and done up right so as to not attract too much negative attention.

makes me want to stop putting in tech features in all together if people have no respect for them in the first place. HELL, MAYBE I'LL ROLL IT DOWN THE HILL NEXT TIME I'M THERE.............

thanks for ruinin my night.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

H.L. Mencken
    Why try to fit in when you can stand out

So frustrating.
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

If the doods who did it are reading this- we don't own the land out there and we can be kicked out at the whim of the park director. when you do things like this, you risk mountain bikers losing thousands of hours of backbreaking work by getting us ousted.

Now don't ever do it again and join up with us, sincerely, we can use people who like thiws stuff and aren't afraid to work hard.

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

It looks like the work of some local BMXers making a cool new jump

Quote Originally Posted by Byke Dood View Post
    It looks like the work of some local BMXers making a cool new jump
    doubtful to me. have NEVER seen bmxers out there myself. plus that's not their style, trust me i was one. WE WANT DIRT........
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......