Thread: Halloween Parade

Default Halloween Parade

For those of you who could not make the meeting, here is some info on the Davenport Halloween Parade. Post up if you are interested in riding in it; I will submit our paperwork on Oct. 13th with the guesstimate of participants. The theme this year is 'Shrek & friends'.
    Saturday, October 31st. Parade begins at 7pm, line up at 6.30pm. Expect to be done 8.30-9.00pm. Since we don't have a vehicle, we may need to figure out another way to display our banner.

I think SASS and I plan on going.

If the ICORR night ride isn't on the 31st, I'll be at the parade.
    I wanna ride!

Default parade

I will turn in the parade info Tuesday:
    who will be getting the candy?
    do we need walkers or some other way to carry the banner?

Board Position
    President

I'm trying to work out my schedule right now but I was thinking that we could use my van then Ella could also be in it.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

I'll be there!
    JB

If you go to Walgreens on Eastern in Davenport and talk to Tom Taylor, he's the Mgs there. He has given FORC free candy for every year that FORC has been in the parade ans he usually just gives it up without a formal request. 'd suggest you give him a try. Also last year Manny from the Trek store's mom gave a ton o candy. Hope this helps ya'll. Have Fun i'm really gonna miss the parade, i've always had a ball.:banana:
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

Well my mom no longer works at Factory Card Outlet, but I am in my spare time when the bike shop doesn't have me scheduled. I will call them or stop in tomorrow if and see if I can get the same hook up as last year on candy. Hopefully they say yes!

Board Position
    President

I'm in for this Claire and Ella will be with me. We can use my van so that they can ride along.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Poof and I are plannign on going

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Have you guys heard anymore about the candy situation??? A friend of mine has donated 40 pounds of candy and I will probably pick up some to donate as well...who can I give this too??? Rick or Joan?

Manny, Rick and I would be able to help out getting together with you and getting it! THANK YOU!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!

I will NOT be riding in the parade this year. I will be working at Terror at Skellington Manor Haunted House. I imagine that night will be craaaaazzzzzzzzyyyyy! I was not there the past 2 weekends (In Wisconsin painting our son and daughter in laws new house) so I kind of feel like I really should be at the H.H. Some of the FORCers are coming down THIS Friday night~~~Will be great to see ALL of you there!

Manny, Let us know when you want to meet up!

Thanks again!

Momma Joan

Ok sounds good...I'll have my friend drop off the candy at work and I'll pick some up as well and if anyone is in the area of the Trek Store then they could possibly swing by and pick it up. I work tomorrow, Friday, and Sunday. I will try to have all of the candy by Sunday. If you guys can't meet at the bike shop I would be willing to go elsewhere after I'm off of work.

Default candy

I can pick up the candy from the Trek store and bring it to the parade. Has anyone contacted any other stores for donations? I could try the Walgreens on Eastern Av if no one else has.
    Also, for the record-even though the 'theme' is Shrek, you can be who/what you want.

My friend just dropped off his candy at the bike shop and is ready to be picked up before we eat it all...I'm going to pick up some more tonight to donate myself.

Thanks Karen for picking up the candy and thank you Manny for getting it! Enjoy the parade for me!

Momma Joan

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Don't know what everyone is dressing up as, but if you're looking for ideas- a Dr Suess thing could be cool. Bex, Poof and I are gonna be the Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 & Thing 2- so they're already taken- but there are other characters that could be done on bikes, so get to makin!! (the things will be on swing bikes- the Cat will be on the shortest Tall Bike you ever seen!!)

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

ok, we will need more candy, so if you have some-bring it. our parade position is #41, between gaines & brown, north side of river dr. we are between the jb young intermediate band & the texas roadhouse float.
    Last edited by kiks; 10-27-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiks View Post
    For those of you who could not make the meeting, here is some info on the Davenport Halloween Parade. Post up if you are interested in riding in it; I will submit our paperwork on Oct. 13th with the guesstimate of participants. The theme this year is 'Shrek & friends'.
    Saturday, October 31st. Parade begins at 7pm, line up at 6.30pm. Expect to be done 8.30-9.00pm. Since we don't have a vehicle, we may need to figure out another way to display our banner.
    6:30, COOL,
    And, will there be drinking afterwards?
    Last edited by Poofy; 10-31-2009 at 08:53 AM.
    "DOES THIS BIKE MAKE MY ASS LOOK FAST?"

Happy Halloween FORCers!!!!!!!!![IMG]
    [/IMG]
    "DOES THIS BIKE MAKE MY ASS LOOK FAST?"

alora is very excited to be in her first halloween parade. See you all soon. :)

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Before the parade started I put a grocery sack from Lowes in his van. It was tied shut at the top and on the top appeared it might have been just glow stick packaging. However at the bottom were four new strings of Xmas Lights and batteries. About $20 worth of stuff. If you saw it please let me know! Thanks, Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist