Three of us had a great ride at SBP last night until the end was nearing. Ed, who I work with had just bought a new Giant and was itching to get some dirt on it so he joined us at the park. We had rode all of the trails and approached Kickapoo to see that the chain was down (its usually up) so we headed on down with Ed bringing up the rear. Rob and myself exited onto the asphalt but Ed never came out. Thinking he missed a turn we waited a few minutes but still no Ed. We started yelling for him but no answer. We went up to look for him and found him knocked out cold at the log bridge, front tire taco'd, handle bars jacked 90 degrees and covered with mud. He came to shortly after but could not remember what happened. The left side of his face was completely bloody and his pinky finger was bent completely backwards, I mean it looked like a backwards L. We got him cleaned up and none of the face injuries were bad enough to require stiches. It looked like his chin hit really hard and we are guessing that is what knocked him out. His helmet had also taken some serious abuse and might have possibly saved his life. We see alot of people not wearing helmets "WEAR YOUR HELMET". Ed said in all of his years racing motocross and bad spills he has never been knocked out. He didnt know what day or month it was and could not remember our previous twenty minutes of riding. He rode down to the parking lot but ten minutes later could not remember doing it. It was a pretty scary thing. We hung out in the parking lot for about 45 min. to make sure he was all right to drive (he wouldnt go get checked out) and he called me when he got home. He is at work today and besides a mangled face, a sore pinky and a bruised ego he is all right.