Thread: bon voyage party for Jim

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

Default bon voyage party for Jim

Come down to Sylvan Island this Wednsday night 9/9 to wish Jim G. bon voyage on his new journey to AZ. We will be down there about 5:30. Bring your bike, a side dish to pass around, and the beverage of your choice. We will supply the brats, and burgers (if you have a hankerin' for something other than that bring it on down and we'll throw it on the grill for ya). Jim has been a big supporter of FORC and mountain biking in the QCA for many years. He has been very instramental in making FORC what it is to day. So, come down ride, eat, drink and wish him luck

P.S. you might want to bring some lawn chairs

FM
    Last edited by forcmeister; 09-07-2009 at 08:36 PM.
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

I will be bringing buns, ketchup, mustard, plates, napkins, forks, garbage bags, and of course, FORC bars!!!
    PLEASE post if you are coming and what you are bringing!

Momma Joan

I will be there. No idea what I'm bringing.
    I wanna ride!

I forgot, I will bring our SMALL gas grill. Does anyone have one they can bring also, and I will cook the food while you "knobby heads" are out riding? Thanks for the quote Poofy!
    Momma Joan

OK I'm having a delema (spell check). I thought I could make cheesecake for tomoorow's party, but tonight is trail building night at Iliniwek. I dont have time for both. What should I do? Keep in mind I make the best cheescake ever...

Trail building is really important. So are our stomachs.... We are supposed to be health-conscious people. Cheese cake could be bad for us. You could get hurt trail building. That would also be bad....

We will see you Wednesday with or without cheesecake. Whatever you decide is perfectly fine with us so long as you make it to the party!
    I wanna ride!

Well, INEED to learn how to make a delicious cheese cake---never tried to make one! Soooo, it COULD be a delicious teaching thing if you made it!!! Hmmmm! But, I DO agree with Bexter---please come to the party!!! Chance to go for a ride, eat dinner, drink beer, have FORC bars! Be with the BEST club in the area/world!!!

Bexter "got" broccoli salad. I got potato salad along with the brats, burgers, buns. Since I do NOT have access to computer once I leave for work in the morning, you will have to ask Bexter for any questions. She can text me, and when I can, I will text her back.

I love party planning!
    I wanna ride!

I chose trail building. We can't ride what we don't have. Cheesecake will have to be another time. I was thinking I can run by Hyvee and pick up something. See ya tonight.

I'm in for beer & chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole'72 View Post
    I chose trail building. We can't ride what we don't have. Cheesecake will have to be another time. I was thinking I can run by Hyvee and pick up something. See ya tonight.
    Good point Ruuhole I'll be going to Hyvee for some Rabbit food!

JB

Thank's for throwing me a going away party, I was truly surprised at the turn out of the event. I had no idea that you cared so much...lol..jk The card with all the signatures and the extra stuff inside will definately help me get thru this transition a bit easier.
    I'm packing the truck this morning and thinking that times are looking bright for me once again, and hopefuly I'll make it back for the Midwest mtn Bike Fest in 2011.
    It's time for me to say goodbye to the QC.....Goodbye Quad Cities! :burnout:
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"