Thread: Quad Cities Marathon

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

Default Quad Cities Marathon

For the last couple of years I have done Bike/Medical Support for the Quad Cities Marathon. I have been asked to do it again this year and thought it would be a great PR event for the NMBP and Ambassadors as well as FORC to participate in. Duties include riding your bike on a designated section of the marathon course and alerting medical personal when needed. We are not expected to do any sort of treatment, just stay with the person until help arrives. I will bring this up at the meeting but wanted to get some idea of interest. The Marathon is Sunday, September 27th. You will receive a t-shirt and admission to the post race party.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gosh, that sounds awesome, but I've already committed to being at the Farmdale Festival that weekend.
    I wanna ride!