Thread: The 26-inch wheeled mtn bike is dead

Default The 26-inch wheeled mtn bike is dead

Haters gonna hate.

The 26" Hartail is dead....But the Full Squish Will Never Die...!:banana:
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

Circus bikes FTL.

Weird, I read this article yesterday....what the author doesn't compare is apples to apples: 26" FS v 29" FS.

I do think there is an advantage for the 26" FS in accelerating when starting or slow, like through tight corners as well as tight switchbacks...

Would be interested in reading this dude's "opinion" when he decides to compare apples to apples

One bike is not superior to another no matter what anybody says....all the arguing that you see out there is pure bull (fill in the blank)

It's all personal preference and nothing more. A person is gonna feel what they wanna feel on a bike and deem it superiority over anything else. I've ridden both and prefer the 26" bikes because that is what feels good to me.

Only thing is is that there is a vibe that gets generated out there that 29" bikes are better and folks will argue about it to the point of creating an "us versus them" mentality.

Just get your 29er, 26er, 650b, or whatever any other type is out there go ride and quit worrying about what everybody else is riding.

All done, have a nice day!
    Nature loves cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by JamisXC View Post
    One bike is not superior to another no matter what anybody says....all the arguing that you see out there is pure bull (fill in the blank)

It's all personal preference and nothing more. A person is gonna feel what they wanna feel on a bike and deem it superiority over anything else. I've ridden both and prefer the 26" bikes because that is what feels good to me.

Only thing is is that there is a vibe that gets generated out there that 29" bikes are better and folks will argue about it to the point of creating an "us versus them" mentality.

Just get your 29er, 26er, 650b, or whatever any other type is out there go ride and quit worrying about what everybody else is riding.

All done, have a nice day!
    I agree Doug! It's not about speed and it's not about size. But it's all about riding your bike, any bike!

JB