Thread: Help a visitor

Default Help a visitor

I am from here originally but since have lived and ridden in Winterpark, CO, Bend, OR and am now in Boise, ID. I am in town and dying to get out on a bike but am without any equipment. What I'm looking for is some info on a good place to rent a bike from I guess. I have a couple friends here who will lend me their rides, but the fit isnt great(far from it) and was just wondering where I could look for a decent rate on a mtn bike for a day. Does anyone have demos to check out? I will be getting a dual suspension soon and need to start checking out some rides anyway. If you have any advice, I would appreciate it.
    My cousin told me about a ride he is helping to put on Thur, the Taming of the Slough warmup, so I am going to try to get a bike that AM and go ride Sunderbruch and whatever else I can fit in before the Taming that eve. Thanks for the input~DLB

Best places to try renting a decent mountain bike would be one of the local bike shops (though I'm not certain of their renting policies....)

Healthy Habits in Bettendorf
    Bike & Hike in Rock Island
    Trek Store in Davenport
    B&B in Geneseo

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

You can rent bikes from the Quad Cities Visitors Center, but I don't know what kind of bikes they rent. Their locations are along (or close) to the bike paths...

http://www.visitquadcities.com/site/page.php?page_id=1

I can bring an extra bike to Sylvan tomorrow, if you are able to make that ride. You didn't post up what size you need, mine would be a 19".

if you're willing to drive to iowa city (and why not? go ride sugar bottom and beverly!) you can rent from the university of iowa touch the earth or world of bikes. http://www.recserv.uiowa.edu/program...ntalcenter.htm

$20/day
    $40/weekend
    $80/week

Default thanks

I was able to get a bike from a friend who I mentioned it to. The bike was in storage and has a couple flats, needs some TLC, but I should get out sometime today as long as there arent any major issues that I dont see. I'm excited. Thanks to all for your input, I had thought about IA city but dont if I will have time to get up there, so will try to get out to Sylvan, Sunderbruch and Loud Thunder too. Hope to see some of you out at the Taming of the Slough, sooo good to see the area getting some trails, there is so much opportunity with the flora/fauna/terrain. I look forward to seeing how the network will grow in my future visits. Cheers~DLB

Unfortunately Loud Thunder is not an option right now - it's been decimated by storms, rain, and a resulting lack of maintenance for 2 years. Go to Scott County instead!