Thread: Moving to Tucson AZ Sept 14th

Exclamation Moving to Tucson AZ Sept 14th

After almost 5 months of being on as needed status and getting unemployment, I've decided that I've grown tired of being in this situation and that I want to continue working in the bicycle industry, so I'm moving to Tucson AZ. I went down there on a job hunting trip last week and put in about 30 resumes at bike shops, and was quite happy with the responses that I got from the shop owners. The cost of living there is right on par with the QC, but they get 300 days of sunshine, mtns and desert surround the city with off road trails, bicycles rule the streets with numerous bike lanes, inner city bike paths and pedestrian crossings. Upon my arrival in Tucson I will be sans car, therefore my only mode of transportation will be by bicycle or maybe a bus or two, but mainly by bike.

Being a member of FORC has been a great enhancement to my life. I've seen FORC grow from just 8 members to well over 100 in just 6 years, going from one local area to ride to having five parks in that same amount of time is an awsome accomplishment. It shows that dedication to trail advocacy is strong within the clubs ranks, and that FORC has helped the QC become a sought out destination for mtn bikers from miles around....Keep up the great work you FORC'ers!

I'm leaving Monday Sept 14th and won't be able to attend the meeting and I've got bike parts, furniture, air conditioners, kayak & gear, mtn bike movies and other household items that I need to sell in a hurry, as I need to help fund my trip and to reduce the size of the load that I'll be moving. I'll be posting up pics of some of the things for sale, but not everything as time is quickly running out for my departure. If you're looking for something give me a call because I just might have it. 563-676-2869

p.s. Some might consider this pandering but this is not something I'd do unless I had no other alternatives, and this time it calls for desperate measures. I'd like to ask all of you for a helping hand in the way of helping me fund this transition. Unemployment money has kept me afloat but just above the surface, and this trip will definitely put a huge dent if not a hole in the very minimal amount of cash that I've been able to save. I truly hate asking for help like this, and I know some of you will be unhappy about me doing so. To those that are upset, I'm sorry. And to anyone interested in helping me out, I would be grateful for anything that you can give.

Sincerely,

Jim Ghys
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves." ~Victor Frankl

Good luck man, hope everything works out for you. I have a friend from when I lived in Chicago that moved to Arizona, he loves it out there.

What kind of bike parts do you have for sale? I like bike parts...

Good luck Jim. I too would be interested in what bike parts you have to offer. Could you email me a list? emmaus28@mtco.com

I will be building a five inch travel bike in the next couple weeks and could use some various parts.

Thanks,

Doug
    Nature loves cheese!

I need bike tools. All of mine moved out.
    I wanna ride!

Somewhere between over the handlebars and the nearest brewpub

They are doing training sessions for the Taming of the Slough on Thursdays at 6:OO and I've had several people ask about buying a kayak. You could bring it to the rowing club during that time and put a for sale sign on it. Good luck in AZ.
    SPLASH
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good luck with the move... May have to visit as my son moved to that area ....By the way it is not pandering if your selling stuff for cash...I will be calling...

Paul

I don't have a list of stuff that I can send anyone, but I do have stuff! Give me a call after 7pm and we'll see if I have what you're looking for. 563-676-2869
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Jim, best of luck to you man, I sincerely hope things work out great for you. AAAAH!! I gotta get with you for video exchange!!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fixxer View Post
    After almost 5 months of being on as needed status and getting unemployment, I've decided that I've grown tired of being in this situation and that I want to continue working in the bicycle industry, so I'm moving to Tucson AZ. I went down there on a job hunting trip last week and put in about 30 resumes at bike shops, and was quite happy with the responses that I got from the shop owners. The cost of living there is right on par with the QC, but they get 300 days of sunshine, mtns and desert surround the city with off road trails, bicycles rule the streets with numerous bike lanes, inner city bike paths and pedestrian crossings. Upon my arrival in Tucson I will be sans car, therefore my only mode of transportation will be by bicycle or maybe a bus or two, but mainly by bike.

Being a member of FORC has been a great enhancement to my life. I've seen FORC grow from just 8 members to well over 100 in just 6 years, going from one local area to ride to having five parks in that same amount of time is an awsome accomplishment. It shows that dedication to trail advocacy is strong within the clubs ranks, and that FORC has helped the QC become a sought out destination for mtn bikers from miles around....Keep up the great work you FORC'ers!

I'm leaving Monday Sept 14th and won't be able to attend the meeting and I've got bike parts, furniture, air conditioners, kayak & gear, mtn bike movies and other household items that I need to sell in a hurry, as I need to help fund my trip and to reduce the size of the load that I'll be moving. I'll be posting up pics of some of the things for sale, but not everything as time is quickly running out for my departure. If you're looking for something give me a call because I just might have it. 563-676-2869

p.s. Some might consider this pandering but this is not something I'd do unless I had no other alternatives, and this time it calls for desperate measures. I'd like to ask all of you for a helping hand in the way of helping me fund this transition. Unemployment money has kept me afloat but just above the surface, and this trip will definitely put a huge dent if not a hole in the very minimal amount of cash that I've been able to save. I truly hate asking for help like this, and I know some of you will be unhappy about me doing so. To those that are upset, I'm sorry. And to anyone interested in helping me out, I would be grateful for anything that you can give.

Sincerely,

Jim Ghys
    Jim, I know how your feeling. I left CA. under very similar circumstances. Good luck to you. I'm sure it will work out.

If the Kayak is a two seater I am interested in it. Otherwise I'll be fighting over tools and parts with everyone else.

Jim,

You're one of the 1st dudes I connected with in the club...I won't forget it. I'm pumped for you to make a move. Best of luck!

Jim,

If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have got the nickname "500" and I never would have made it to the grand opening of Sunderbruch. Thank you for turning me onto this amazing sport and best of luck to you in AZ! You're gonna get to work on some sick rides down there!