After almost 5 months of being on as needed status and getting unemployment, I've decided that I've grown tired of being in this situation and that I want to continue working in the bicycle industry, so I'm moving to Tucson AZ. I went down there on a job hunting trip last week and put in about 30 resumes at bike shops, and was quite happy with the responses that I got from the shop owners. The cost of living there is right on par with the QC, but they get 300 days of sunshine, mtns and desert surround the city with off road trails, bicycles rule the streets with numerous bike lanes, inner city bike paths and pedestrian crossings. Upon my arrival in Tucson I will be sans car, therefore my only mode of transportation will be by bicycle or maybe a bus or two, but mainly by bike.

Being a member of FORC has been a great enhancement to my life. I've seen FORC grow from just 8 members to well over 100 in just 6 years, going from one local area to ride to having five parks in that same amount of time is an awsome accomplishment. It shows that dedication to trail advocacy is strong within the clubs ranks, and that FORC has helped the QC become a sought out destination for mtn bikers from miles around....Keep up the great work you FORC'ers!

I'm leaving Monday Sept 14th and won't be able to attend the meeting and I've got bike parts, furniture, air conditioners, kayak & gear, mtn bike movies and other household items that I need to sell in a hurry, as I need to help fund my trip and to reduce the size of the load that I'll be moving. I'll be posting up pics of some of the things for sale, but not everything as time is quickly running out for my departure. If you're looking for something give me a call because I just might have it. 563-676-2869

p.s. Some might consider this pandering but this is not something I'd do unless I had no other alternatives, and this time it calls for desperate measures. I'd like to ask all of you for a helping hand in the way of helping me fund this transition. Unemployment money has kept me afloat but just above the surface, and this trip will definitely put a huge dent if not a hole in the very minimal amount of cash that I've been able to save. I truly hate asking for help like this, and I know some of you will be unhappy about me doing so. To those that are upset, I'm sorry. And to anyone interested in helping me out, I would be grateful for anything that you can give.

Sincerely,

Jim Ghys