Thread: Scocopa Trails

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Default Scocopa Trails

When the Scocopa trail crew cut in some of the new trails, especially across the field areas, those trails were rough, bouncy and pretty uncompfortable to ride. The crew had to decide whether to spend time 'grooming' the new trails, or putting in and rehabbing other trails to make a longer system. Haviong built trails, I completely understand this delimma!

They did SOME grooming, but for the most part decided to let the natural packing and smoothing of mountain bike tires groom the trail over time, and they spent that time rehabbing and putting other trails.

I wanna say- Dang good call! Man, the trails out there just keep getting better the more they're ridden, and there is enough distance that a Knobby can have a good ride without spinning in circles. This club is blessed with trail designers that can lay out easy fun green trails that turn into fast and flowy sweetness when a dood or doodette with some leg and skill ride'em. It's almost as if the trail adapts to your speed, slower riders want easy and fun, more occomplished riders want fast and flowy (on the green trails, anyway!)

Doods, I've ridden the Carolinas, Moab, Fruita, Lake Taho/ Reno Wisc, Mich, Indiana, Ohio, and a lot of points in between, one time I even opened my mouth and then had to back it up by riding 205.8 miles in 24 hours just so I wouldn't look like a douche- And I am predicting the following:

IF- the trails continue to develope in the manner that we have thus far seen to a distance around 15 miles of these specific types of trails, and

IF- there are other loops developed with a higher degree of difficulty and the difficluty is achieved through natural and artificially developed terrain and obstacles using natural and man made resources for more advanced riders- and

IF- FORC and the Park continues to actively protect the trails from mis-use from BOTH un-informed MTBers and our equine inclined friends,

"Scocopa" WILL BE THE MTB destination for anyone living from from Brown County, Ohio, to Kansas City, Missouri. We"ll still go to Kettle for the weekend, but that same weekend, people from kettle will be staying the weekend at Scocopa. This could become the local park that turns into an IMBA EPIC RIDE!

Tall order, but it COULD happen because the trail crew is doing THAT great of a job.

-Vibrato

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Sounds awesome! Much to my dismay, I haven't been to scocopa since the race due to, well, a crappy work schedule.

Hoping to get out and ride some miles this weekend though!