Thread: Farmdale Festival - A Three Day Mtbk Event in IL!

Default Farmdale Festival - A Three Day Mtbk Event in IL!

It's not too early to start planning the party, is it FORC?!

The Farmdale Festival is a 3 day event to finish off the I74 Race Series. We will have night rides, music, movies under the stars, three forms of racing including Downhill, Mountain Cross, and Cross Country, Kids' Rides, music, camping, and fun! We'll also be crowing our series champions! Please come over for a fantastic weekend of mountain biking!

Brought to you by Peoria Area Mountain Bike Association! www.pambamtb.org

Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=58464272712

Last edited by Carrie; 09-01-2009 at 07:54 AM.

SASS and I will be there.

It has been on my calendar for months! I'll be there!
    I wanna ride!

I was told this is the one not to miss. I'll be there. Is anyone camping Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole'72 View Post
    I was told this is the one not to miss. I'll be there. Is anyone camping Friday night?
    As of right now, we are planning on heading down Friday afternoon(ish).

Just my 2 cents, come down Friday night!!

Hi all, just a quick update on the Farmdale Fest – First and foremost, Online Registration is open here - register now and save yourself $5 from the on-site registration fee. The campground will be opening about 5:00 on Friday, and the festivities start soon after. We'll be doing night rides on Friday night (so bring your headlights) followed by movies under the stars. Saturday morning will be the Downhill races, followed by the Mountain Cross races in the afternoon - if you aren't into racing DH or MTX, they are always fun events to watch, and if you decide you'd rather ride your bike, the XC trails will be open all day. After the MTX race, the Mountain Bike Patrol will be taking the kids out on the last kid’s social ride of the year, so if the little ones are coming with you, make sure you bring their bikes. We will also have music going all day near the campground area (some live, some Memorex). Saturday night the trails will be open for more night riding if you didn’t get enough on Friday. Sunday will be the XC races (Novice and 1st Timers start at 10:00, Kid’s Race at 11:30, and Sport, Expert and Women’s Open at 12:00). And of course, since this is the last race of the I-74 Series, the Series Awards will be given out after the races finish (including a sweet light set to the Sport Series Champion thanks to Sigma Sports). Check out the PAMBA site for more info, and we’ll pass any major updates along as they happen. Hope to see you all there.

Default Fire wood

Remember if you live in Iowa, you're not supposed to bring firewood to IL. I have plenty of firewood. If anyone needs any, let me know.

I'm pretty sure the ranger doesn't let any firewood come in from anywhere outside of the park. We'll check on this for you guys.

Default Official night ride at Fest - Friday night, 9/25/09 7:30 PM

Re-posting from PAMBA's site (This is a ride that has historically been a blast and one that you want to make):

The Central Illinois Mud Maids (lady FORCers welcome to help) will once again host the night ride for this year's Farmdale Festival on Friday night.

Approximate start time will be 7:30 PM. Bring your fully charged lights! We will be out on the trails for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.

For a small donation, participating riders will be given a drink cup to present for complimentray drinks on the ride. Mud Maids will be selling glowsticks pre-ride. BYoB to hang out around a campfire and tell stories after the ride. This is always a fun time! Non-riders are welcome and can tend the fire until we get back. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!

You can find this thread at:
    http://www.pambamtb.org/phpBB3/viewt...hp?f=15&t=1373
    I wanna ride!

Lights!? Screw that! I'll just ride with Steve in the front of me and Krud behind me, and of course have enough beer in me to kill a large animal!!! Good time, good times.

I'm planning to head to Farmdale on Friday. I haven't talked to anyone else about their plans. As of right now I am planning to drive but would like to share a ride, my car or yours it doesn't really make a difference. Post up if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    Lights!? Screw that! I'll just ride with Steve in the front of me and Krud behind me, and of course have enough beer in me to kill a large animal!!! Good time, good times.
    I'm pretty sure you there was a lot of broken carbon fiber the last time you tried that...

Michelle is carpooling with me, and we are leaving mid afternoon on Friday (provided dry weather) and plan to stay through Sunday afternoon.

Edit: OK, Michelle bailed on me. I have an extra roof rack tray for a bike and open seat in the Soob if someone wants to share gas money. I plan to leave mid afternoon on Friday (2:30 / 3) and I will return to the QCA after the awards ceremony on Sunday.
    Last edited by Bexter; 09-22-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

My friend Anna and I plan on leaving from Bettendorf at 4:45-5 or so. Will be returning Sunday after sport race, maybe staying for awards. I am only going to place fourth!

Have trader in the loaner Audi for a loaner Chevy Camper Van, seriously!! About the same vintage too!

It has a two inch reciever and would like to borrow a rack from someone for the weekend. If I find a four bike rack then have room for two people, and two bikes.

I would have room for up to four extra people if your bikes and gear were elsewhere.

Let me know!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

The Friday night ride at Farmdale has been cancelled due to rain. The women's ride and downhill race on Saturday are astill a go. I am going to hold off going down until Saturday morning. Women's ride starts at 9 AM with other festivities to take place afterward.
    I wanna ride!

The XC race is still a go!

However....

The times will be changed. All races will be the same number of laps as originally planned but the course is going to be a shortened route. The race coordinators are still ironing out the course route as I type this.

The times are as follows....

Novice will start at 12:00 Noon

Sport and Expert at 2:00 P.M.

Go to www.pambamtb.org for additional updates

Doug
    Nature loves cheese!