Thread: Kickapoo Fat Tire Fest 8/29 and 8/30

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default Kickapoo Fat Tire Fest 8/29 and 8/30

KICKAPOO FAT TIRE FEST!!

Ideally I would like to head down early Friday afternoon, to get there in time to ride before dark, if that fits a couple peoples schedule.

I contacted the club and we are welcome to camp on Friday night with their club. There is no discount for doing both races.

FROM THEIR SITE
    We will have a Super D race on Saturday Aug 29th. Muster at 1:00p.m.
    1st racer to start at 1:30 sharp.

W.W.G. stunt course.

Tire dodgeball, log drag, bike toss.

Movies by Big Dawg.

Are we going to do a night ride?

Refreshments.

Camping

Cross country race on Sunday Aug 30th. To start at 9:00 or 10:00?

http://kickapoombc.org/index.php

Defo want to do a trip down the river, 1 hour tube trips, or 3-4 canoe trips are available.

Probably no reason to leave the park when we get there!! But see below there are some other things happening in the area.

The event below has an American Legion Fish Fry and their second annual beer tent on Friday Night. Then on Saturday live music throughout the day including live band Karaoke.

http://www.40north.org/calendar/inde...=1215786909488

Mahomet is about 40 miles form the park(west) depending on when we left on Friday could be an interesting dinner stop.

Saturday Night is the Urbana Sweet Corn Festival with free headlining musical act WAR. You know the group that sings “Low Rider”, “Spill the Wine”, and “Why Can’t We Be Friends?”

http://www.urbanabusiness.com/downtown/sweetcorn.html

Urbana is about 25 miles from the park.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I am in! I want to head down Friday but it wouldn't be until after work for me. I may be able to get off work a little early, but not a whole lot early. John said he'd watch the dogs for me.

Plan to ride Saturday, do whatever our group decides to do for dinner Saturday, "race" on Sunday.

Russ and Lori Manuel are driving down Friday during the day and camping all weekend.

FORCers?! What's your plan?
    I wanna ride!

Definitely. I would like to leave after work (3:30) on Friday but may be able to duck out early.

Hey,
    Just thought I'd say that there is a flyer available now at:
    http://kickapoombc.org/racing/MTBposter-b.pdf

Also, even though I will probably be at the Mahomet Riverfest that Friday and it's beer tent and free stage, I should say it's a small town festival. If you guys were coming through around burger and beer time, I'd have to say you may like checking out the downtown Champaign areas beergardens/pub/grills for a good atmosphere. About a mile south of the Neil exit as you're passing through, can't miss the area. Some recommdations for a nice outdoor burger and beer would be Guido's, Cowboy Monkey, and Esquire. Some info can be gleaned at: http://www.downtownchampaign.com/
    And as mentioned, the Urbana Sweetcorn fest is on with "War", but I'll be hanging at campsite by then...

I'm going. The devil's gonna be chilly next weekend. However, I probably won't head up until Saturday morning unless my arm gets twisted a lot harder b/t now and then.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Well I am trying to figure out my game plan for the weekend.

I have Friday afternoon off so could leave anytime after 1pm.
    Would not want to leave any later than 4:30 so that there might be bit of daylight for setting up a tent.

I have a lake house party I could attend near Galesburg Friday, so could meet someone near there on Saturday morning to ride share for rest of trip. Hell, I might invite you to the party, then we can just leave from there!

Bottom line I NEED to share gas and will be flexible to make that happen.

Eric
    Last edited by ew_perry; 08-26-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Reviewed my budget.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I plan on leaving Muscatine at 2:30 on Friday and have room for one more. If someone wants to ride with me they are more than welcome, its no problem for me to make a stop in the QC to pick someone up.

Just thought I'd add this. I was working in Cedar Rapids, Iowa the last two days and was amazed at the deluge. I was sopped. But got home tonight and (so far) there hasn't been any rain here and the trails are in great shape. Just to allay anybody's fears.

Rage, you going?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Just thought I'd add this. I was working in Cedar Rapids, Iowa the last two days and was amazed at the deluge. I was sopped. But got home tonight and (so far) there hasn't been any rain here and the trails are in great shape. Just to allay anybody's fears.

Rage, you going?
    Nope, not going to make it, am in Chicago this weekend at Wrigley...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Nope, not going to make it, am in Chicago this weekend at Wrigley...

Rg.
    don't waste your money on that sorry-a$$ organization. Stay over at Murphy's, it on the patio, and HFDB while the Scrubs wash another game down the drain.

The Cubs blow.