Thread: NMBP and Trail Ambassadors needed for Taming of the Slough and Tune-Up sessions

Default NMBP and Trail Ambassadors needed for Taming of the Slough and Tune-Up sessions

The Taming of the Slough is fast approaching, and this year River Action is going to try something new. Like the Bix and the Bix at 6, River Action is going to do a series of Tune-Ups for Taming of the Slough. As part of that, they will have kayaks and canoes available to try on each of the Tune-Up dates, and the Sylvan Island trail steward will have a 3 mile course set up at Sylvan Island.

Regarding the biking component (both for the Tune-Ups and the actual race), the trail steward needs help from NMBP and trail ambassadors. Your assistance is needed to patrol Sylvan Island, assist riders (ranging from newbies to well seasoned riders), provide direction and guidance, etc.

Tune-Up dates:
    8/20/09 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (party to follow at Bass Street Chop House)
    8/27/09 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (party to follow, location to be announced)
    9/3/09 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (party to follow, location to be announced)
    9/10/09 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM (party to follow, location to be announced)

Taming of the Slough race date: 9/19/09

Please post up if you are able to help with any or all of these dates.

For more info, visit: http://www.riveraction.org/node/5
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Yo- P @ A's, we're looking to make sure we've got some representation for the training sessions, I plan to be at the 1st one (at the VERY least) and hope to see some of you there.

Post up if you think you can make some of these and we'll try to get them all covered. Usually isn't a problem since we all love to ride, represent, and prolly partake of the liquid barley after!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Ray! You and your dastardly mention of barley pops! I can't make the first Tune-Up on 8/20 and 9/3 is sketchy. I will probably be at the 8/27 and 9/10 Tune-ups. Haven't done any riding there in ages and it should be fun. It's always fun to meet new riders and showcase Sylvan.
    I wanna ride!

mp & I can help with the 8/20 and 9/3 sessions. Please let us know what you want us to do and where you want us to do it.
    db

Are you guys avoiding me at the Tune-Up?!!!! Ha ha.
    I wanna ride!

Never Bexter! We are just trying to maximize our share of the 'and prolly partake of the liquid barley after!!' portion of the evening.
    db

The Tune-Up for the Taming is a go for tonight... provided it doesn't rain. With yesterday's rains, the trail steward said that the Sylvan Island component of tonight's tune-up may be just the lime path around the perimeter of Sylvan.

Never the less, River Action wants the Tune-up to happen tonight. Looks like we've got John Bernard, Ray Ray, and the Browns for NMBP/TA representation. Anyone else?
    I wanna ride!

Yes, I talked to the Trail Steward today (8/27/09) and River Action IS running the Tune-Up tonight, 6 PM. Because of the recent rain, the Sylvan component may be somewhat abbreviated. So, yes, NMBP and Trail Ambassadors, if you can make it tonight, see you there (and thank you)! FORCers ROCK! Just sayin'!
    I wanna ride!

Default NMBP and Trail Ambassadors needed 09-03-09!

Tonight is the third Tune-Up for the Taming of the Slough and our NMBP and Trail Ambassadors are needed on Sylvan Island starting at 6 PM. Beautiful night. Post up if you can make it!
    I wanna ride!

mp & I will be at the island about 6:00. Hoping there may be a little barley pop activity after.
    db

No can do tonight, am heading west...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Where do you guys meet? is there a tent with forc banners flying

count me in. ill be there by six.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......