Thread: IMBCS Race #2 May 3rd

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default IMBCS Race #2 May 3rd

I know a lot of us are ready to race again! Who wants to wait till June? This looks like a fun weekend with camping, Saturday run, and Time Trial with XC Race on Sunday. Lets start making plans!!

http://ingawanismtb.blogspot.com/

Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Recieved a response from the race promoter today. I asked about lodging and alcohol, two important things.

We can get a cabin for the night for only $15-$25, can get one for as few as six and as many as 14 persons. Can't beat that price for not having to pitch a tent!

As far as alcoholic beverages, they ask that it not be visible or disturb other campers.

It is about 2.5 hour drive from Davenport. If we leave about 9:00 am can get settled in and registered for Time Trial that starts at 1:15.

Post up up or PM if you are interested in going.
    Eric
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Sounds fun. I believe this is the race Brian and Ryan were talking about doing. I'm in.

I'm interested...pending...well, you all already know!

Sounds good, I'm in as well.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I'll be there.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Here is a description of the course. 12 mile loop with climbs! It will be a lot different than Sylvan!

"1st section is about a 1/4 mile steep gravel run up to get the fast guys in front before entering the singletrack, next are somewhat technical switchbacks that drop into a medium climb that results in very tight and fast rollers that put you down by the Cedar River. Pretty fast section of grassy single, yet you'd be able to pass. From here you will get some nice views and more singletrack, mixed with doubletrack that drops you into the south side course. There is a low water crossing here and your feet may or may not get wet, depending on how fast you want/need to get across. The south side is a somewhat flat, fast, tight and somewhat rocky at times, section of singletrack. There is a small amount of double here until you re-enter the north side. This north side then cuts back a couple times with moderately hilly singletrack, a nice fast downhill with a killer climb(depending on momentum...) and includes some rocky sections that do require some skill including a rock garden loop. I don't know why, but alot of the XC racers run this section, though it's highly rideable with a preride. You'll be happy to know we aren't doing the sandhill "shoulder your bike" climb this year due to too many cuss words;) If tech includes roots, then the last section before passing the finish (or lap, depending on category) drains your legs pretty good but gives you enough at the end to push it a bit. The start finish area will be in front of the point we will hand out awards, and serve some GREAT pasta from Doughy Joeys/ Brown Bottle. We expect the mileage to be around 12 miles per loop, unless we have any issues with mother nature. As for Downhill- it is not North Carolina, but you should get the smile factor on a few times.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Planning on going up Friday afternoon and making a weekend of it.

Let me know when you come into town. I've got you at Robin Hood Cabin.
    Hope you bring a bunch. Good food on Sunday, and possibility of eats on Saturday as well. I'll let you know.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default CANCELLED Race #2 for May 3rd

Spent some time assessing the trail system last night and again this morning, and we have some major flooding going on affecting a majority of the North side trails and South side trails. Even if it stayed dry until the weekend (which is unlikely with the forecast) it will be a muddy mess, and still have unpassable sections. We have re-routed in the past but am not fond of 3-4 mile loops when there is much more to offer. Out of concern for rider's travel time and expense, damage to bicycle's, and a substandard experience, I am planning on rescheduling the event. Stay tuned to get the NEW weekend date currently in the works. Please share this with the QC FORC crew and I will get a new date posted to your forum and www.ingawanismtb.blogspot.com
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

that sucks

Default NEW RACE DATE- August 1st and 2nd

Race date is approaching. Stand by for details, and contact me if you are interested in a cabin or tenting it. jbidwell2003@hotmail.com - Same rates apply as mentioned earlier in the thread. The start/ finish, food, prize table will likely be on the South side, instead of the North. It's a 15 minute hilly gravel ride from the North to the South side. Keep that in mind if getting a cabin(north only)- otherwise I am working on being able to get permission for tents on the South, near the festivities. I'll keep ya posted!

Default Free karate monkey

Aside from the regular prize swag on Sunday, we will be raffling off a new Karate Monkey Frame and Fork, as well as a long sleeve Salsa wool jersey, and nice pair of shades. Anyone registering has a chance to win. Hope to see you!

Jeremy Bidwell
    IMB 319-939-6923

Default IMBCS #2 Results

Results can be found HERE

Thanks again for all who came out and for the help!